So, do people who use ebay not know Discogs exists?

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Shhhhhhhhhhh!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Jesus. Great album, sure, but was it ever a $200 record?

• the "funkyousounds" swell

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I have - and always will - love that cover...

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Kinda reminds me of Boomerang. Looks pretty good, but definitely does not pass the "foot" test. Those are some rank digits.

• Dear eBay fiend

How to find the first sale hit on t'internet lesson one

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=terry+callier+what+color+is+love

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    soulcitizen said:
    Dear eBay fiend

How to find the first sale hit on t'internet lesson one

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=terry+callier+what+color+is+love

That was pretty funny!

And clearly the funkyou effect is in play here, but it just boggles the mind that people are over here battling it out up to $200, and over on this side, some copies are just sitting there, in plain site!

And on a related note, while I have this filed, I think I like the cover infinitely more thsan I do the music. I actually pulled this out a week ago to give it a spin and was not feeling it at all. What's the best track on this LP for those who ride?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dancing Girl
    Candyman

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    You Don't Care

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    On the subject of Terry Callier...

Got "Fire On Ice" a few months back and was delighted to hear Minnie Riperton on the record.

Then I learned who her daughter was recently (why didn't I know this?!) and my mind esploded.

• gazgaz 232 Posts

Simple answer , no , at least a lot dont for sure

I had an album on there for two months @ 180 , gave up stuck it on ebay and got 300, and it was still listed on discogs at the same time , go figure

gaz said:

I had an album on there for two months @ 180 , gave up stuck it on ebay and got 300, and it was still listed on discogs at the same time , go figure

Damn!

Also... I'm sure that photo above explains it for AmericaMan, but OZMan is still wondering who Minnie's daughter is!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Kinetic said:
    gaz said:

Damn!

Also... I'm sure that photo above explains it for AmericaMan, but OZMan is still wondering who Minnie's daughter is!

Maya Rudolph. If you don't know her from Saturday Night Live, you might have seen her in Bridesmaids, Idiocracy or A Prairie Home Companion. Or even this...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Shit, it seems most people on eBay don't even know you can scroll down on a page. Came across a record I had been after for a minute that had a day or so left, however it was well up over a $100 and couldn't swing it...then I scrolled down and saw a buy-it-now for the same record, same press, same condition for $25 from moerer. Scooped instantly.

People can be idiots.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    funkyou effect, definitely. but if i had the money, i'd probably drop that kind of cash for a mint copy. for now, i'm cool with my 20 bucks vg copy.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    That eBay copy was a white label promo which some folks fiend. The Discogs copies look pretty beat.

• CBear said:
    That eBay copy was a white label promo which some folks fiend. The Discogs copies look pretty beat.

eh? the eBay copy at $192 is the SAME condition as the one sitting on discgos for less than half the price - VG+

soulcitizen said:
    CBear said:

eh? the eBay copy at $192 is the SAME condition as the one sitting on discgos for less than half the price - VG+

Yeah... and funkyou! vg+ ain't exactly a sure thing in my experience