Ebay detective work.. Strut help!

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
So, as documented a while back - I missed a white whale personal grail and it sold for like 20$. I am willing to pay hundreds for it.
The only info I have is that the winning bidder was:

x***a ( 1237 red star)

No feedback was left for the buyer or the seller and the seller is not getting back to me (understandably).

Any suggestions on how I can reach out the winner? I want to make him an offer he cant refuse.

thanks!

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Lisa: What if he wants to hold hands?
    Bart: I'm prepared to make that sacrifice.
    Lisa: What if he wants to kiss?
    Bart: I'm prepared to make that sacrifice.
    Lisa: What if he -...
    Bart: [interrupts Lisa] You don't wanna know how far I'll go.

• I'm prepared. lol

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    I'm prepared. lol

I think your best bet is to try with the seller again. Maybe tell them that you would be willing to break them off a 'finders fee' if the deal goes through. Be super polite and cross your fingers! Good luck dude!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I think Reynaldo knows a way to figure out who the buyer is.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Horseleech said:

you can figure out bidder's names, but only on auctions where you have bid yourself.

4year, if there was more than one bidder, you can post the name of the record and hope the other one is a strutter who wants to help you out. otherwise, you'll have to go to the seller...

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Only if you also bid on the record can you find out the winning bidder's handle.

Th*s, unless some google wiz comes through this thread, you may want to offer the seller some $$ as well to grease the wheels so to speak (especially considering you haven't heard back from him / her). I've never had luck with finding a winning bidder's ID through googling feedback.

EDIT: What Dante said!

• Thanks guys,
    I appreciate all the advice. Its good to know i'm not dumbing out an missing some stupid easy solution. It's a weird position to be in because i don't really have a wants list and my collecting is fairly haphazard and specialized in weird ways. This record was part of a set i was trying to complete pre-ebay and I didn't even think to save a search for it or anything - I kind of gave up because there was zero info on the record and I thought it might not exist. Well, lo and behold it does exist and no one really cares about it except for me and I suppose the guy who dropped 20$ on it.

I'm gonna offer the seller 50$ and another, very kind note to try and get me in contact. Unless of course mister X can Salma Hayek this joint.
    How many user names start with X and end with A anyways!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

How many user names start with X and end with A anyways!

Those names you see on the bidder list aren't redacted versions of the actual name.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Keep watching the seller's feedback.

What's the record? Maybe you're the only person who wants it now.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    Keep watching the seller's feedback.

What's the record? Maybe you're the only person who wants it now.

pre hype pre auction action!

:eyeball: :eyeball:

• I GOT YOU FAM

I will update as teh situation progresses.

:bizzo: