One night in Nashville - wed... Any suggestions?

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited April 2012 in Strut Central
So it looks like we will have Wednesday night (tomorrow) off in Nashville after an early show at vbuilt.

Looking for any food/bar/record/etc suggestions assuming we get free at about 6pm

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    If you got time the following morning, Monells was one of the best breakfast's I've ever had. Roughly 10 bucks a seat, at a table with 12 other people, and a spread of 15 dishes. Insane.

• Word! Will try to make that happen

• BowlsBowls 28 Posts
    Records - The Groove (East Nashville), The Great Escape (West Nashville), Lawrence (downtown), maybe even Grimey's (midtown)

Bars - PM is my favorite spot here in town. I go at least once a week for the food and the beer. It's in the Belmont area, close to Vandy. Grab a seat on the patio and definitely try some of the food (*cough* THE PM BURGER *cough*) - I have friends who drive up from Louisiana just to hang out at PM for two or three days. I dig all the spots in Hillsboro Village, The Melrose is cool (off 8th Ave), and if you're a beer lover you should try our local brews (Blackstone is across the street from Vandy's campus, and Yazoo is really close as well). They should at least offer Yazoo at pretty much every bar in town.

Food - If you want Southern fare, I'd definitely listen to the man above who suggested Monell's. Damn good. You really can't go wrong with food in Nashville....I need the homie Case Bloom to get in here and recommend a few of his favorites.

I had no clue you guys were in Nashville. What's going on at Vandy?

• Dude thank you so much!

These suggestions sound awesome and it looks like we'll e camping out at PM tomorrow night then. As far as the show, I'm not quite sure - it's at 4pm on campus somehwere, a lot early than I had planned but it frees me and the homie up to hang out that night, so I'm kind of stoked. Haven't been to nashville ever, only flew in on te way to bonaroo a few years ago.

And yes, I love beer so will be hitting the local brews up.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    What up Bowls! The Hot Chicken at 400 Degrees is apparently a local favorite although I can't front it's way to hot for my mouth (ayo). If you decide to try it stick with the 200 degree and under. Jack White's record store/studio Third Man records is a spectacle to check out if you're in the area.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I stayed downtown for a couple of days.

If you like beer:

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/nashville/