Sinus Problems Strut.

StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Getting a deviated septum surgery wednesday. Excited to be breathing finally and not getting infections every winter.. Anyone had any experience with this?

Comments

• No need to shave your ballz for this (as far as I know???.)

• Got this done on January 25th.

Will be uncomfortable for first 2 days..having to roll gauze and strap below nose to catch blood isn't too great.
    The hardest parts are really wanting to blow your nose when you can't and having the sinuses cleaned out a few times after.

Not really a big deal at all - I had surgery on the Wednesday and could go without the gauze by Saturday, was back to work on the Monday.

What a difference since - I can breathe in and actually feel the air hit my throat instantly which I realized I couldn't before.
    Not having Sinus infections every 2/3 months is great too.
    Well worth it.

Let us know how it goes..be prepared for some monstrous bogies to come out your nose when it gets cleaned out!

• badder_than_evil said:
    Got this done on January 25th.

Will be uncomfortable for first 2 days..having to roll gauze and strap below nose to catch blood isn't too great.
    The hardest parts are really wanting to blow your nose when you can't and having the sinuses cleaned out a few times after.

Not really a big deal at all - I had surgery on the Wednesday and could go without the gauze by Saturday, was back to work on the Monday.

What a difference since - I can breathe in and actually feel the air hit my throat instantly which I realized I couldn't before.
    Not having Sinus infections every 2/3 months is great too.
    Well worth it.

Let us know how it goes..be prepared for some monstrous bogies to come out your nose when it gets cleaned out!

Thanks for the feedback - good to hear its a quick recovery. Will report back!

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Neti Pot has been my savior.

• Had the surgery 2 days ago. Quite a bit of pain/bleeding. Cant breathe at all - stuffed up. No packing in the nose though, so I guess the stuffiness is just swelling. When were you able to breathe, badder? After the packing was taken out?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I was born with almost no sense of smell. Cooking products, flowers and various herbs...nothing. I can taste, but only with a hell of a lot of hot sauce. I sometimes hear about people who have gunshot/explosion/coke/industrial chems, etc. damage ruining their smell, but never people born without it.

• StoneHands said:
    Had the surgery 2 days ago. Quite a bit of pain/bleeding. Cant breathe at all - stuffed up. No packing in the nose though, so I guess the stuffiness is just swelling. When were you able to breathe, badder? After the packing was taken out?

You don't have plastic splints in your nose??
    When are you going back to the Doc - Wednesday?
    Once he does his thing and cleans it out you will begin to be able to breathe through the nose better than you have for a long time.
    At this point my nose was just tender especially around the nostrils.
    It should start to improve with less bleeding/pain over the next few days.

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    i have a deviated septum as well and i coudn't breathe for anything out of my right side. i kept blaming my cat for all my problems but it turns out i'm allergic to something in beer. probably the yeast. i stopped drinking beer for a few weeks and my breathing was like 95% better. had a beer the other day and it went back to shit. decided to give it up and stick to vodka when i feel the need to imbibe.