any strutters at SXSW?

smoking_robotsmoking_robot 346 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
I'll be flying in to TX tomorrow. taking a red eye in about t -5:00 hrs.

I hope to be able to nap when I get in but was just wondering about any fun awesome things happenin there this week? anybody hosting/checking out some cool events?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Nope

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fuck your nap.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Fuck your nap.

that's what everyone else I'm with said too

also not sure why I bothered posting that part of the journey.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I don't know the locals deal with this shit. I would get the fuck outta dodge if I lived in Austin and didn't own an establishment that would benefit from the chaos. I stopped going to SXSW a decade ago because shit got too ridiculous, can't imagine how it is now. I imagine it is like Elvis week here in Memphis except the senior citizen population is probably lower at SXSW.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fortunately, tequila shots have a tendency to cure cynicism.

• It's pretty bonkers this year.

Any visiting Strutters, please come say Hi to me and DJ Coolhands at Friends of Sound. We've got a lot of rare and private soul to sell those who are into that sort of thing.

• Pretty bummed I'm not there this year. It HAS gotten pretty ridiculous but I still had a load of fun last year. Highlight for me was probably stumbling down 6th street in the afternoon and discovering these guys killing it in a random bar:

The Echocentrics - Jardim ft. Tita Lima from LEONE DAVID on Vimeo.

also austin has an ABSURD amount of beautiful women. i was falling in love every 10 seconds.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    i'm out here. it's my first time and it's definitely really ridiculous. friend and i drove up from nola & brought bikes, i don't know how we'd manage to get to different shows otherwise.

saw jimmy cliff last night, was really impressed by how good he still is. was also impressed by torchy's fried avocado taco.

hopin i have time to swing by friends of sound today, i'm leaving early tomorrow morning.