Ray Alexander Technique OG check

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
As far as I can tell both the original and reissue have the same cover and labels. What confuses me is that popsike lists OGs as both Harlem Sounds SA 001 and Lu Jun 2001. Wasn't the reissue in 2001? Popsike has labels that read 2001 under "side 1". Does this mean reissue? Can anyone with the OG confirm if it has the same markings?

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i cant help you at all bri, but i could use an og cover for my naked piece of og vinyl

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Does your copy have 2001 under the side a and side b labels?

• I??m pretty sure the RE doesn??t have a laminated cover. My copy, which has that OG smell, has Harlem Sound 001 on the cover and Lu Jun on the label with 2001 below the Side 1/2. The vinyl is pretty heavy and has a deep groove running right through the publ. info and cutting through the label name. Matrix AOZ A/B. Hope that helps.

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Bought my re-issue of this lp back in the mid 90's

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    It also has "SA 001" on it

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    crazycrate said:
    OG has Harlem Sound 001 on the cover and Lu Jun on the label with 2001 below the Side 1/2. The vinyl is pretty heavy and has a deep groove running right through the publ. info and cutting through the label name. Matrix AOZ A/B. Hope that helps.

Cosign

Killer piece of wax, traded heavy a while ago to get mine offa a bud. One of my fav's

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Thanks for the replies. I guess the reissue was released in 1991. Does anyone know if the label is Lu Jun or Harlem Sounds?

• The reissue has Harlem Sound on the cover and Lu Jun on the record. The inside of the cover is white.

The runout groove says SA-001 A and L- 47292

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    OG here, sleeve says Harlem Sound SA 001, labels say Lu Jun 2001.

There's really no mistaking it if you can see & feel it - brown inside, paste-on, heavy wax w/vintage-style labels, etc