Random discovery: JK & Co related

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
ok, recently picked up this for a few bucks:

because i had never heard of a 3rd Z+E album before and i was curious what "and others" meant, as there was no info on the cover.

i play side 1, its like their early oldies or something.

but side 2 was very familiar sounding....

it doesnt say anything anywhere except the song titles, but side 2 of this album = side one of JK & Co's "Suddenly One Summer" (also on White Whale)

wtf? but fwiw, a cool cheap way to get half of a pretty great and hard to find record.

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    How odd.

I remember first hearing about JK & Co in the AEIOU / psych discussion thread many moons ago. Whilst I've had a rip of 'Fly' on my ipod for some time, I always found the lp a little disappointing tbh, too much listless sugar pop and psych for gimmick sake. I'd rather spend the money on something like Left Bank Too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    That's pretty crazy......I've never come across that Z&E LP on White Whale.....there were a few weird releases like that in the 70's like Would "S/T" on Perception being the same exact LP as The Velvet Night on Metronome.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Yeah, I made that discovery some years back when the Fuzz, Acid & Flowers website was still up. At least where I live, that Z&E & Others album is the most common White Whale album that ISN'T by the Turtles, so I tracked down a copy as soon as I made the connection,.

Incidentally, a friend of mine has said that whenever he buys a record with a different artist on either side, to him it's like a Battle Of The Bands. I'd say J.K. & Co. win this round, since the Z&E tracks (originally recorded with their band the Eccentrics) are rather lame.