Electrofunk Related

SoundOutLoudSoundOutLoud 171 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
This is a trend that I have been thinking about recently. I got started thinking of this cause of a few things: 1)A mix by the group Oliver was posted here a few weeks ago that I dug pretty hard 2) An upcoming compilation entitled "Personal Space" off of Chocolate Industries 3) That new Usher song
This isn't a topic I really know much about, and if anything my impression is this genre and its historical classification is a little iffy, but that hasn't stopped the manufacture of nostalgia before... Opinions? Anecdotes? Examples?

Comments

• I don't have anything to add except for 2 great Electrofunk related mixes......

• Thanks! The first one is ill, haven't checked out the 2nd but I will later. I've been thinking about this and I guess Dam-Funk kinda sets the curve on "electrofunk" these days.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I can't stop listening to Com Truise and Airliner (same dude). It's a little more galactic than the stuff posted here, but definitely electro funk and I'd check it out if you haven't.

• CBear said:
    I can't stop listening to Com Truise and Airliner (same dude). It's a little more galactic than the stuff posted here, but definitely electro funk and I'd check it out if you haven't.

Feeling his Komputer Casts>>>> http://comtruise.com/kc/

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I wouldn't say that revisiting the "electro sound" a relatively new trend, rather it is more something that has been bubbling along in the background for many years.

Here's some recent stuff I've enjoyed from the last few years. Note that it manifests itself in many other genres as well - house, boogie, nu disco, future beat, post-dubstep etc.

Is this what you're talking about?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    The Usher track is definitely not Electro Funk related. I didn't listen to the other mixes. Like the other people said, people have been doing it for a while. 808's and juno synth tracks + funk of course.