Wheedle's Groove Box Errors?

MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
I Just unpacked my copy of the "Wheedle's Groove finest in Funk & Soul 1965-1979" 45 box set & discovered
2 off-centered 45's in there by the Unfinished Business & the Cooking Bag.
Thinking about returning my copy but before I do that I am curious if all copies are like that...
Can you Strutters who own the box please check it out?

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    My copies are fine. I think there was another Strutter who also had an off-centre 45 in his set.

Kindly,
    parallax

• My Cookin bag was off. I emailed them and they sent me a new one.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    my soul swingers was off center. the customer service was top notch and they got me a new one right away

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    That's funny this came up. I'll double check cuz I thought one of them sounded off.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    lol, my cooking bag was off as well...emailed Patrick McCarthy @ lita and he sent me out a new 45, here was the issue:

Thanks for writing and we apologies for the issue you experienced with your box set. It turns out that the plant reached capacity on their 7" presses and added an older (though recently rebuilt) machine to keep up. They've pinpointed that it was this machine that was pressing records randomly off-center. This is not a global issue, however we have received a few complaints from customers with similar issues.

Don't worry, we have pressed additional records and can send you out a replacement 45. Please confirm which records were defective in your set and provide your mailing address so we can get them out to you ASAP.

Again, thanks for your patience and continued support.

Best,

Patrick

took a while for the replacement to get here, but i got it and its fine, some of my 45's had slight warps though...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    My Cookin' Bag & Seattle Pure Dynamite were badly off centre, replacements are apparantly on their way to me.