Rep your city's all vinyl nights....

MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
L.A. Monday = Funkmosphere

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Milwaukee has so many world class vinyl nights that I might forget some.

Mondays = The Soul Hole, a 10yr running institution
    2nd Saturdays = the Get Down, heavy funk & soul party
    3rd Fridays = Street Lamp Soul Party, classy across the board soul spin
    3rd Saturdays = Lazersweat, boogie disco modern
    Thrusdays = Soundz from the Hotline, Jamaican night heavy on the insane 80s digi dancehall
    Fridays = Soul Night with Kid Millions
    some Fridays = Sweet Breeze, major league latin spin
    1st Saturdays = Uptown Saturday Night, random rare & oldschool hip hop by the Dope Folks guys

Up All Night & Moonstomp happen alternating months. The former is a soul spin that takes place in this gorgeous 19th century beer hall in the old Pabst Brewery complex. Moonstomp is a skinhead reggae night happening at a divey southside bar. Both are run by the same two dudes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Move On Up - monthly soul and reggae night, nothing after 1985. Going to move it to 1988 soon I think.

Pressure Drop - monthly reggae night

Magnificent 7s - monthly 45s night

are the nights that come to mind.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    TheGetUp!

Every 2nd Friday @ Insenses, Central, Hong Kong.

getuphongkong.blogspot.com

We play disco, funk, jazz, house, techno, afrobeat, hiphop

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Here in Oakland, the homies DJ Platurn, E Da Boss, and I do the 45 Sessions every month. Play whatever you want to play, as long as it's on 7-in vinyl. It's my favorite gig by far.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Here in minneapolis, the vinyls is boss.

1) Hipshaker - Deep soul/rnb all vinyl night, pimped out wooden 45 cases and dancers, tons of dancers - Second Thursday every month at the kitty cat klub

2) Hotpants - Soul/funk - 2nd saturday of each month at club jager - shit tons of fun

3) Selecta's Choice - Roots, dancehall and a little hip hop - Every saturday at Asian Taste

4) Venerable King Otto - Whatever the king wants to god damn play - every saturday for brunch at Muddy Waters

I know I am missing a shit ton, including a bunch of house/disco nights. Hopefully the other twintittians will chime in.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    jaysus said:
    Here in minneapolis, the vinyls is boss.

1) Hipshaker - Deep soul/rnb all vinyl night, pimped out wooden 45 cases and dancers, tons of dancers - Second Thursday every month at the kitty cat klub

2) Hotpants - Soul/funk - 2nd saturday of each month at club jager - shit tons of fun

3) Selecta's Choice - Roots, dancehall and a little hip hop - Every saturday at Asian Taste

4) Venerable King Otto - Whatever the king wants to god damn play - every saturday for brunch at Muddy Waters

I know I am missing a shit ton, including a bunch of house/disco nights. Hopefully the other twintittians will chime in.

BEATSPLOITATION DJ's at Club Jager - every First Saturday, we spin all genre, deep cuts and classics on wax.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Here in Plymouth (uk) :

Battle Stations / hip hop, breaks.

And two irregular night I run:

Slangin Dope / hop hop
    Signals from pier 13 / 80s synth stuff.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Here in Plymouth (uk) :

Battle Stations / hip hop, breaks.

Music is my poison / house, disco.

And two irregular night I run:

Slangin Dope / hop hop
    Signals from pier 13 / 80s synth stuff.

And that's it.
    Loads of other nights in the city but sadly no wax to be seen.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Jorun has a regular night in Hali, and thats all i need to get my fill of funk/soul/hiphop..whatever

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    L.A. = Funky Soul . 10 yrs + Miles & Clifton

• BUMP

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    bassie said:
    Move On Up - monthly soul and reggae night, nothing after 1985. Going to move it to 1988 soon I think.

Format still stuck at 1985....night celebrated 11 years last September.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    My night DUG is an all vinyl monthly here in Seattle, about to celebrate 5 years running...

I'm a dummy and can't figure out how to embed the vid so you can follow the link to watch a 3 min slice of life from our night...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The DUG party is always a good time! Great night.