Anybody down for monthly midweek LA swap/meetup?

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Hey LA strutteurs -

First off, I'm looking forward to hanging with ya'll this Thursday at The York.

Now the pitch: my MESCALINA psych/soul gig at The Bronson Bar on Sunset is next week Wed March 14 and I was thinking it might be good opportunity to have a standing monthly Soulstrut meetup & record swap there. The bar likes me to kick things off at 9pm, which means things are pretty slow til 11pm so we'd have the place to ourselves for a coupla hours.

Two questions:

1. Who's down to hang out and bring some records to sell/trade from 9pm-11pm? I'm cool with spinning people's flips & grips from 9pm-10:30pm so folks can listen to potential purchases nice and loud.

2. RAJ: can I slap Soulstrut's logo & website on the online flyer to create some buzz? It'd be free exposure for the Strut and hopefully some extra attendees for me & the bar.

BTW, past DJ guests have included Andy Noble from Kings Go Forth and our own Greg Belson. Next week is Jason Pandora from Blackeyed Soul Club and 2 more TBA.

Holler back yall - I think this could be fun.

Comments

• I'm down. Sounds like a great idea. That bar is a great location. I haven't been in a while but I've always liked that place. Used to live right by there too???. (pre-recession/job lay-off/had to move):cry:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dew it! Dew it!

• I'll try to make it.. but I do live in Ojai.
    Also, have a newborn in the house
    so not sure how the wifey will feel
    about that... sounds like fun though.

• Sheeeit.
    I'll be there anyways. Why not?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    SmallAxeRick said:
    Sheeeit.
    I'll be there anyways. Why not?
    Will your very smooth feeling shirt be there?