Turntable Repair

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
The turntable that came with my house seems to be a decent model, Impro PE 3046. And I'd like to keep it because it fits on the built in retractable shelf and the Techhnics turntables are too big. But its broke. It was working a little when I first tried it, if I gave it a spin to get it started it would stay on, but now it doesn't spin at all.

Short version. Anyone know someone who repairs turntables in NYC.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    BTW. I found a place called Analogique Service Lab on West 20th that is fixing it for $325.

This is what it looks like.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    $325??? thats rediculous! my dude in philly would do it for $50

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    its not even worth half that

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    its not even worth half that

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Its easily worth twice that, and you should have told me about your "guy in Philly" when I posted the thread two weeks ago, yo.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I went to those dudes about a decade ago, when I lost my grip putting a speaker on a shelf, and dropped it onto my 1200, bending the tonearm in half. The price was pretty egregious, but they did a good job.

Nice looking turntable.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    MTZ in Greenpoint will work on anything and are reasonable, but I haven't used them for obscure vintage items:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mtz-electronics-brooklyn

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    MTZ in Greenpoint will work on anything and are reasonable, but I haven't used them for obscure vintage items:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mtz-electronics-brooklyn
    They have a sansui amp of mine, and I haven't heard back yet. We'll how reasonable they are.

Saba. When would you have a chance to take it to Philly? That's why I didn't post anything, but I did offer you a nice replacement. Anyways... Never unpunished