Anyone ever had problems with 101 Apparel?

YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Hello
Over the years I have on several occasions bought some 101 Apparel stuff directly from their website and have repeatedly had issues with slow deliveries and ultimately unavailable items. However, while flaky, they never seemed to run with the money.
I am wondering whether you share this kind of experience with 101 Apparel.

At the end of November they had a promotional offer for Free International Shipping. On November 28, 2011, I ordered three T-Shirts, a hooded sweater and a poster from them. At that point I was still hopeful that the order would arrive in the UK in time for Christmas.
A full two weeks later, on December 14th, I received a notification via Paypal saying: ???Your package from 101 Apparel is on its way. You can track it online using this tracking number. US Postal Service: [tracking number]???

If you actually track the package via the USPS website you get the following announcement: ???The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 15, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.???
This, in my opinion is a shipping pre-alert, but not a shipping confirmation.

Well, I waited until Christmas and nothing arrived. In late December, middle of January and end of January, I emailed 101 Apparel but never received an answer.
Consequently, at the beginning of February, I filed a case via the Paypal Resulution center. This was unfortunately rejected within a few days with the explanation ???This dispute closed because it was opened for more than 45 days after the transaction date or did not meet other filing criteria.???

I then emailed 101 Apparel again on February 19th explaining the situation, including the rejection from Paypal to help me. Surprisingly, after all previous questions had remained unanswered, this time I received a swift answer from their Eric Crandell: ???Sorry you have not received the order. Unfortunately once we ship, there is no way to track the orders after they leave the country, it's out of our control. It's most likely stuck in customs, can you check with them????

Note that the USPS website had not indicate that the parcel had been received by USPS, left the USA nor that it had even physically reached the UK. I called both possible mail handling entities in the UK: Royal Mail and Parcel Force. Both confirmed to me that based on the USPS tracking number this package had never reached the UK and had never gone through UK customs. They also confirmed that there was no backlog that could explain a delay since middle of December. I contacted 101 (Eric) to tell him that I had been told that this parcel never made it to the UK. But since then: Again, nothing but silence???.

Anyone else having problems with orders and communication like this?