Jacco Gardner...who rides?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Lovin' this shit, new 45 sounds like a lost early Pink Floyd single

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    don't think I've heard of him until this thread, but I like those tracks, especially the second one. what's his story?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    dunno...soulmarcosa posted it on the facebooks...some Benelux dude. He was in another overtly 60s group prior, whose name I cannot recall.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Whoa. The change up at the 2min mark on the second one is great, would've listened to a whole track of that.

It's weird. I keep wondering if Im listening to samples, I guess because a lot of it sounds so authentically 60s what with the harpsichords and stuff, also because some of it has a kind of warped/tape kind of sound.
    The only thing that I would want to improve is the drums. They're not bad, but the drums on both tracks seem to follow the same pattern, and I'm left wondering if the song should be played slower and funkier, or harder and faster.

These are only minor gripes. I like this more than some of the other throw-back acts I've heard like Tame Impala.

Great ear for atmospherics, quirky composition, and more of that weird break on the second one please!