The Return of SuperPoaster

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited March 2012 in Strut Central
Saw this the other day and thought le Strut would be interested. Looks like he done went and got famous on us.

"Watch out for this dude in 2012, if he can build on this, he???s going to be huge."
- Okayplayer

http://www.okayplayer.com/reviews/jesse-futerman.html

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    latte pas

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the ultimate fusk you

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    that shirt an OG?

• deleted.....

• inVrs said:
    that shirt an OG?
    hahahahaa

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

NEVER FORGET!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Superpoaster is the shit!

• RAJ said:
    Superpoaster is the shit!
    wow

• Burns said:

NEVER FORGET!!!

anyone have the gif/video of me with this record as a yungman?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Can someone describe the music? Is it endtroducing a la 2012? I would like to pass judgement without actually listening to it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    CousinLarry said:
    Can someone describe the music? Is it endtroducing a la 2012? I would like to pass judgement without actually listening to it.

I HAVE NOT LISTENING TO IT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND I NEVER WILL

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    CousinLarry said:

It's grown acid jazz trance with hip hop rhythms? Can't explain???

Free Download here:

http://jessefuterman.bandcamp.com/album/super-basement-ep

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    CousinLarry said:

• DB_Cooper said:
    CousinLarry said:

amazing

• RAJ said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    CousinLarry said:

It's grown acid jazz trance with hip hop rhythms? Can't explain???

Free Download here:

http://jessefuterman.bandcamp.com/album/super-basement-ep

its like mathrock and happy hardcore

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I kinda like it. More enjoyable than Shadow's last effort.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    I kinda like it. More enjoyable than Shadow's last effort.

dude come on.

While not a masterpiece, the new Shadow LP has structure, song progression, arrangement, etc.

This other stuff listens like every electrojazzphunksmoothtrance that came out during late 1990's. It's just groovz. Background music for a coffee shop or clothing store.

• Perfect soundtrack for a fashion and interior decoration boutique in Barcelona.

• i have this circled LARGE on my calendar

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i have this circled LARGE on my calendar

Paul & Co. is rolling through Halifax soon...cant wait to catch this as well!

• dj_cityboy said:
    vintageinfants said:

Paul & Co. is rolling through Halifax soon...cant wait to catch this as well!

superpoaster listed 6th on a good bill

• [rant]can't knock the hustle and so on and so forth. i long ago accepted the notion that we do not live in a meritorious world. it's much more important be workman-like and have well-placed friends that can help you. i find that it is only in exceptional cases that the cream truly rises to the top.

my real beef is with that vice article. sampling jazz(y) music is not the same thing as making jazz music or being a jazz musician. furthermore, jazz does not need to be "brought back", at least not in this fake ass format for fashionistas with short attention spans. [/rant]

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's Vice (even worse some shill subsidiary of vice) i wouldn't waste your brain cells thinking on it. if we all did a fuck ton of coke and tried one of those write a sentence each threads on any kinda cromulent musical topic, I swear they'd eat it up.

/ Keep hustling SP you crazy fucker. But maybe try not to tell shitty stories about yo mama in interviews.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

I'm still not over the fact that we lost Bastid to Toronto! (i do understand that Hali lost him to Mtl, but STILLL)