Adam muggerfuggin Curtis

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    i wish i could take a sociology class taught by adam curtis. he makes post modern thought interesting.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    :necessary:

I tried to get my ex to watch some of his stuff over the years and she either didn't get it or tuned out. Made me very disappointed.

• That was a really great read! Thanks for sharing. Can you recommend any other articles/books/films by him?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Curtis is great. He manages to find those tiny points of connection which add up to an altogether more interesting picture than the one you thought you were looking at. The connections or the contexts he gives them don't always hold up for me but he ties it all together so well that it just doesn't matter.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,788 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    That was a really great read! Thanks for sharing. Can you recommend any other articles/books/films by him?

Check his wiki page, and The Century Of The Self, The Power Of Nightmares, and All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace.

• Duderonomy said:
    BeatChemist said:
    That was a really great read! Thanks for sharing. Can you recommend any other articles/books/films by him?

Check his wiki page, and The Century Of The Self, The Power Of Nightmares, and All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace.

Thanks a lot! I was already on the wiki but just wanted some place to start. I'll check those out!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    THE TRAP is one of my favorites although i haven't watched the last part yet. anyone watch living dead?

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    That Pamela Wilcox story :raw:

• i love adam curtis, but this made me laugh... and as a result, thabo mbeki was swept to power at the next general election:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,788 Posts
    neil_something said:
    and as a result, thabo mbeki was swept to power at the next general election:

That is quite funny and touches on some valid criticism, but I don't think his docs are quite as bad as that makes out. Curtis does have a habit of tieing some disparate parts together in a manner that isn't always convincing, but the themes are interesting and informative enough that I enjoy them anyway.