It's All Gone Pete Tong - movie trailer

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
From the Giant Step promo machine, might be a fun movie:http://www.itsallgonepetetong.com/media_player/trailer_medium.phpAs DJ culture continues to be a global phenomenon, a new movie deftly connects the dots of the international scene. The recent winner of both the Audience Award and Grand Jury Award of the Gen Art Film Festival, It's All Gone Pete Tong tells the compelling story of the rise, fall and general mayhem that surrounded the life of legendary British DJ Frankie Wilde. Paul Kaye turns in an award-winning (HBO U.S. Comedy Arts Festival Best Actor) performance as Wilde, an eccentric but likeable DJ / producer whose wild 24-hour party lifestyle leaves him deaf. Adding to the documentary feel, talking-head appearances by Wilde's contemporaries, including Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk and Carl Cox, show the lighter side of the industry.Advance screenings have proven that the movie is laugh-out-loud funny and undoubtedly gives a humorous spin on the dance music scene. It's All Gone Pete Tong is worth the admission price - it's cheaper than a club and offers the same intense music, disco ball drama and hedonism that comes with a great night out.

Comments

• From the Giant Step promo machine, might be a fun movie:

http://www.itsallgonepetetong.com/media_player/trailer_medium.php

As DJ culture continues to be a global phenomenon, a new movie deftly connects the dots of the international scene. The recent winner of both the Audience Award and Grand Jury Award of the Gen Art Film Festival, It's All Gone Pete Tong tells the compelling story of the rise, fall and general mayhem that surrounded the life of legendary British DJ Frankie Wilde. Paul Kaye turns in an award-winning (HBO U.S. Comedy Arts Festival Best Actor) performance as Wilde, an eccentric but likeable DJ / producer whose wild 24-hour party lifestyle leaves him deaf. Adding to the documentary feel, talking-head appearances by Wilde's contemporaries, including Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk and Carl Cox, show the lighter side of the industry.

Advance screenings have proven that the movie is laugh-out-loud funny and undoubtedly gives a humorous spin on the dance music scene. It's All Gone Pete Tong is worth the admission price - it's cheaper than a club and offers the same intense music, disco ball drama and hedonism that comes with a great night out.

This movie was made by boy, Mike Dowse. For all you Canadians and real headz in America, Mike also directed FUBAR.

Mike was my assistant editor a few years ago and I almost edited this movie, but they didn't have the money to pay me.

Don't get put off by the global DJ culture, Tiesto references. That is the setting, but Mike didn't even know that music before he did the film. He's loaded the rest of the soundtrack with cool shit.

Anyway, I've seen the movie a number of times in different incarnations and I would say it is a Soulstrut-approved flick.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    They are playing this at my local soon. Plus Paul Kaye the star of the film is going to be there for a lil Q&A so I might pop along. I have heard its very good. Its by Michael Dowse who did Fubar which is supposed to be a good film which I have not seen. Yeah I do like Paul Kaye when he is at his best can be a very funny dude. I saw the trailer the other day on the telly and it looked pretty funny so i shall try and check it out.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    as long as Carl Cox,Tiesto,and Paul Van Dyk are in the supporting cast,you can count me in playboy.God I fucking love Trance!And a movie about it,two words-HELL YEAH!

• This movie was made by boy, Mike Dowse. For all you Canadians and real headz in America, Mike also directed FUBAR.

wow. the suck knob had just been turned down. I will see this movie. (p.s. Im an american and i loved fubar.)