Will Sessions-Mix Takes

JATXJATX 258 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
Hey Strut,

Anyone else into these cats? I was clicking around YouTube for the Ellmatic instrumentals and the Mix Takes popped up on the side bar. It's basically these cats replaying rap beats with a band. I'm really digging them for what they are and was curious if the Strut fam loved them, hated them, or thought they were alright.

Comments

• I listened to the Illmatic covers and I thought it was just alright (IMHO) :icegrill:

Probably more fun for the people playing the songs than the person listening, especially since everything was done so straight and exact.

That being said???. I would love to hear a band cover my beats, THAT would be DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!!!!

• These guys are killing it IMO. I loved these videos. Have you heard their other stuff? They have a bunch of Funk 45s out, and a jazz fusion album. There's a bunch of stuff on their tumblr and YouTube page...
    http://willsessions.tumblr.com/
    www.youtube.com/willsessionsdetroit

• i think they are doing all right but i prefer their own stuff

• did not hear the mix-takes but from what i read this sounds exactly like Breakestra - The Live Mix they did like 10 or 12 years ago...