Flexible spending accounts. Who uses these? (nonRR)

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central
Sounds like a lot of hassel to save a small amount of money unless one has a family with a bunch of sick people. Anyone rock one of these?

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Why pay taxes on your medical expenses if you don't have to? I also use it for the maximum $5000/yr for daycare expenses. It all adds up.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    billbradley said:
    Why pay taxes on your carried interest if you don't have to?.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I'm single and healthy. My med expenses for the year are quite low. If had kids or cancer it might make sense.

• billbradley said:
    Why pay taxes on your medical expenses if you don't have to? I also use it for the maximum $5000/yr for daycare expenses. It all adds up.

We do this.

started about two years ago, did like, the bare minimum, got hit with all kind of charges from regular ass medical and dental procedures.

next year, wife was pregnant so we maxed out - boy did it come in handy when we started getting those bills (and the correspondent checks).

this year, we're doing the daycare thing that billbradley mentioned.

wife's premium is substantially lower through this policy, although to be fair they give her a really limited set of options.