Catnip! (Crate-diggin the East Village)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited February 2012 in Strut Central

Comments

• deleted..

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    AWESOME!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    "Or a story about people like me who have dropped out of the capitalist rat race and joined the slackers paradise of Asia."

How dare he...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I always assumed you had to either be really dim or work especially hard to miss the point by the sort of distance some of those commenters seem to have done.

• The funniest part is that Gimme Gimme is closed for the day in the shot.

I spent $100 on dinner last night

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No photo of Johnny's store? Where's the love? ;)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I spent $100 on dinner last night

Don't tell NPR.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I WANT TO SEE RECEIPTS OR I DON"T BELIEVE YOU, EGON

• it really isn't crate digging...it's just boutique record shopping...nothing wrong with that but still...you can get plenty of great cheap records in the east village...$100 should have gotten a good 15-20 titles. but if you restrict yourself to afrobeat and northern soul 45's then yeah...4 records is all you will get....and really, that last one that is a trade shouldn't have been included in the budget.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I think the premise of the article was a good one, but it was realized in a seemingly half arsed way.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    crazypoprock said:
    but if you restrict yourself to afrobeat and northern soul 45's then yeah...4 records is all you will get....

But he didn't. In fact only one of the five records he bought fits that criteria.

• Have you ever seen sunglasses for chickens?

• doublepost

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    So-so article, amazing comments.

"This whole piece just seems out of touch. "700 for an original beatles"? Who in their right mind pays that much for a vinyl copy of one of the most widely distributed albums of all time?"