recommend a good thriller/mystery film plaese

2»

Comments

• dwyhajlo said:
    Don't Look Now

i really liked this movie but can't deal with the preposterous ending...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    mateo said:
    anybody ever see the perfect host....
    dood from frasier KILLS it...

Such a fantastic movie. So much fun to watch. great script, great acting and really, really funny.

Completely different but also a fine crime comedy:

Don't let the terrible poster/cover fool you.

• call me crazy, but i would consider 'black swan' to be one of the better suspense/thrillers made in around 5-10 years; artistically, written and acted.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Rififi is my favorite of the heist genre. Does this count as mystery/thriller?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    call me crazy, but i would consider 'black swan' to be one of the better suspense/thrillers made in around 5-10 years; artistically, written and acted.

You crazy.

Actually I'd probably agree. It felt like a proper throwback to an old school melodrama with it's slow build tension before it all went crazy in the final third.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    One of my favorite movies.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiy??_o_Nusunda_Otoko

Plot

Makoto (Kenji Sawada), a high school science and chemistry teacher, has decided to build his own atomic bomb. Before stealing plutonium isotopes from a nearby nuclear power plant, he is involved in the botched hijack of one of his school's buses during a field trip. Along with a police detective, Yamashita (Bunta Sugawara), he is able to overcome the hijacker and is publicly hailed as a hero.

Meanwhile, Makoto is able to extract enough plutonium from his stolen isotopes to create two bombs -- one genuine, the other containing only enough radioactive material to be detectable, but otherwise a fake. He plants the fake bomb in a public lavatory and phones the police and demands that Yamashita take the case. Since Makoto speaks to the police through a voice scrambler, Yamashita is unaware that Makoto is behind the whole thing.

Makoto manages to extort the government into showing baseball games without cutting away for commercials. Flush with success, he follows radio personality "zero"'s suggestion to use the real bomb to extort the government into allowing the Rolling Stones to play in Japan (despite being barred from doing so due to Keith Richards being arrested for narcotics possession). Eventually Makoto and Yamashita clash, but Makoto may die of radiation poisoning before he can see his plan through to its conclusion.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Come on fellas.. Fincher's Dragon Tattoo. I got love for you Noomi, but Rooney took it IMO.

- spidey