Shipping records internationally question...

BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
I know this has been gone over hundreds of times, but there always seems to be some disagreement...

but is there a completely track-able, paypal chargeback proof, 100% un-screw-over-able overseas shipping method?
Regardless of price?
I've heard DHL works, anybody familiar with the cost?
Does USPS offer anything?
Or, is it: once it leaves the states, it's on it's own, and it comes down to the honesty of the buyer.

Thanks.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Basically no.

USPS Express is probably about as close as you'll get but even then if the tracking shows it's stuck in customs or whatever you are not going to be protected. I believe you also need online proof that it's been signed for for on items over a certain value (something like $500 or $800, I think). You can also hypothetically insure against loss but then you'll have to declare full value which is usually going to upset the recipient. FedEx/USP seem to be really weird these days about covering "valuable collectables" so that's kind of a whole other problem. For the extra money I'm not sure it's that much more peace of mind. That said you're probably going to be fine using any of these. But there are things that can go wrong and there will always be a way for paypal to weasel out of having you covered.