Sharkula in Forbes!?!

z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
edited January 2012 in Strut Central
I find this awesome, dunno how many of you know dude, but I have massive respect for his hustle and always enjoy the conversation when I have time. It seems like every time I run into him though I'm eating or in a hurry.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leorgalil/2012/01/16/cult-rapper-sharkula-and-finding-your-audience/

I'm sure there are some great stories out there from people not as introverted as I am. Any chicago dudes even left around here?

"Do you like hip hop music?"

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Saw this article yesterday. Can't imagine how many times I ran into this dude all over the city. I think I might have even bought a tape from him once in the early aughts.

• This is awesome. I'm happy that he's getting some love outside the city. I didn't really get his rhymes at first... well I'm still not sure I do. I sure respect the man though, he loves what he does and his humor brings smiles to a lot of people in the city. I've never run into him, but I hear he's mainly on the green line. I'm curious, where did you guys run into him?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    SoundOutLoud said:
    I'm curious, where did you guys run into him?

Many times in the wicker park area, on Milwaukee ave. I'm pretty sure I've ran into him at Danny's, the last time I saw him I was eating in Santulo's and he just walked in with a big bag of cds and sat right down, I had just come from Reckless and had a few records. I've seen him around my work too, west loop by Union and Ogilvie. Anytime I hear in the distance "do you like hip hop" I instinctively think it's him.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's been a while but I want to say that I've seen him in the North-Milwaukee area, near Clark-Belmont and near Columbia College.

• Thanks, I'll keep my eyes/ears open. The man is legend.