MPC 2000 Question (NRR)

Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I scooped up a relatively inexpensive MPC 2000 this weekend. I would like to replace the cover. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement cover for the unit? I've seen custom ones in Scratch for the 4000s but I'm not sure if they are made for the 2000s. Thanks.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Not to get off of the subject but What The Fuck is up with your avatar? I find that shit to be very offensive. Just sayin'...
    That's

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I scooped up a relatively inexpensive MPC 2000 this weekend. I would like to replace the cover. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement cover for the unit? I've seen custom ones in Scratch for the 4000s but I'm not sure if they are made for the 2000s.

Thanks.

There was some kid in Indiana on MPCFORUMS.COM or something that was custom making them for maybe $100 or so but I don't have his info on me. I might be able to find the blueprint for the press if you want to go to a press yourself. He had sent it to me at one point, but it was for the XL, not the normal MPC. Outside of that there is a small shop in Cali that order direct from Akai Japan and they'll get one for you. I don't have their info. on me, but it's on the Akai site as the US repair people last I checked (I needed to replace my screen)