Ron Paul, Racist

TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
A Ron Paul Newsletter from October, l992, entitled : Carjacking: A Hip-Hop Thing to Do:

"If you live in a major city, you've probably already heard about the newest threat to your life and limb, and your family: carjacking. It is the hip-hop thing to do among the urban youth who play unsuspecting whites like pianos. The youth simply walk up to a car they like, pull a gun, tell the family to get out, steal their jewelry and wallets, and take the car to wreck. Such actions have ballooned in the recent months. In the old days, average people could avoid such youth by staying out of bad neighborhoods. Empowered by media, police, and political complicity, however, the youth now roam everywhere looking for cars to steal and people to rob. What can you do? More and more Americans are carrying a gun in the car. An ex-cop I know advises that if you have to use a gun on a youth, you should leave the scene immediately, disposing of the wiped off gun as soon as possible. Such a gun cannot, of course, be registered to you, but one bought privately (through the classifieds, for example)."

I admire Ron Paul's stance on war and military spending, but after reading this racist bullshit, can anyone on here continue to back this guy?

Comments

• RAD THRAED!!!!!!

• I re-thought it.

Maybe car jacking is the hip hop thing to do?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    You don't find Barack Obama continuing the war on drugs infinitely more damaging to race relations than some [fucked up] words printed in a newsletter?

I have a feeling I'm going to lose some time here.

• hey kindcromag, sorry for being such a dick in my first post but this is some seriously overbaked non-news.

i am no ron paul fan but he has maintained consistently throughout the years that he never wrote that stuff and has disavowed it completely. CNN has tried to make hay with this the past few days and i guess they have been successful.

k, i'm backing out of this thraed... have a great winter vacation everyone!

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    This was a pretty good article on the topic (a little mild for my tastes...)

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/grappling-with-ron-pauls-racist-newsletters/250206/

• crabmongerfunk said:
    as if this is some new revelation

i'm no ron paul fan but he has maintained for a long ass time that he never wrote that shit, that he has disavowed it and that those aren't his beleifs... give me a break.

It is just patently fucking ridiculous to accept Ron Paul's lame-ass excuses for this shit as you have done.
    He has admitted writing stuff very similar in tone, he is on record saying stuff very similar in tone, he sold that newsletter for a profit for ten years and has indicated he was quite aware of its content in the past, he has defended some of the racist statements in those newsletters in the past... there is simply no way he was not complicit in the publication of those statements whether he wrote them or not.

To accept his pitiful excuses or to ignore his record is to accept racism, homophobia and outright lunacy in a candidate for US President.
    Read The Ron Paul Political Report: Special Issue on Race Terrorism:
    http://www.mrdestructo.com/2011/12/ron-paul-political-report-special-issue.html

Even if these aren't his beliefs, the fact is that he knowingly published this shit and at least was deliberately trying to court the likes of the KKK, Aryan Nations types and seed them with his libertarian views, that he cynically made a profit from this shit, or least likely, that he was so stupid he had no idea this stuff was done under his name.

In any of those scenarios, he's not fit to be President or taken seriously as a Presidential candidate.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    sakedelic said:

If you would like to see crazy racist dogshit that he absolutely did write himself and has no way of disavowing, read The Ron Paul Political Report: Special Issue on Race Terrorism:

Or you can watch the thousands of hours of him talking on youtube and find absolutely nothing racist in them. The choice is yours.

• z_illa said:
    sakedelic said:

If you would like to see crazy racist dogshit that he absolutely did write himself and has no way of disavowing, read The Ron Paul Political Report: Special Issue on Race Terrorism:

Or you can watch the thousands of hours of him talking on youtube and find absolutely nothing racist in them. The choice is yours.

How fucking retarded would I have to be to do that? Tarded like a Paultard. To quote deliciously from the article I linked, which you have conveniently chosen to ignore:
    Statement: "Ron Paul said he isn't racist, and it's even on Youtube, so he's not racist."
    Answer: "Water wet, grass green, sky blue, racist person asserts to the press that he's not racist. There's a tremendous upside to advocating racist policies and vociferously denying your own racism, because the contradiction allows your supporters to rationalize the discrepancy and confuses the incurious with mixed messaging. Besides, when push comes to shove, lazy people are usually happy to assume that the ("liberal") press got the story wrong. Explicitly owning your own racism is only a losing gambit: undeclared racism already nets you the true believers, but whipping out rhetorical swastikas only alientates those who were perplexed by the ambiguous. Besides, you open yourself to litigation, prosecution or restraint. Did you know that career Holocaust denialist David Irving believes he's not an anti-semite despite the fact that he likes to imply that the Jews brought pogroms and a genocide on themselves?"
    Quoting someone else who knows where it's at:
    "I have far more respect for the Palin and Cain fans, because, unlike the Paul fans, at least they dont pretend to know anything???.The Paul fans think they are God's gift to man, but are clueless as shit."

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    sakedelic said:
    There's a tremendous upside to advocating racist policies

Which policies that he advocates are racist? And why?

How do you feel about the war on drugs? How do you feel about the war on terrorism? How do you feel about the current state of civil liberties? Which presidential candidate advances your feelings best?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    He didn't write that shit, nor do his actions over the ~30 years since then leave any indication that he woulda written that shit. And yes, I still suppprt Ron Paul 110%.

b/w

Quit letting the corrupt media use calculated smear campaigns to pull your heartstrings with such ease. Obama illegally bombs children with drones. Criticize that.

• Which policies that he advocates are racist?
    His position on private property rights vis a vis civil rights.
    And why?Because despite the perceived inequity to property rights, the Civil Rights Act has been a necessary tool against racist
    practices re: private property, and only a fool (Hello, Ron Paul fan!) would believe that those racist practices wouldn't come back without it.
    Libertarians would be happy with any sort of corporate feudalism despite their pretense of being about liberty and merit. Their concept of liberty almost never extends to women having control over their own bodies, for instance. See: Ron Paul on abortion. (Hypocrite.)

How do you feel about the war on drugs? It's an atrocious waste of resources and hypocritical in it's enforcement.

How do you feel about the war on terrorism? It's been a similarly atrocious waste of lives and resources with little or nothing to show for it.

How do you feel about the current state of civil liberties? Not good.

Which presidential candidate advances your feelings best? None.

Ron Paul is still a piece of shit racist lunatic.

• I simply walk up to cars and press triangle when I carjack some suburban herb

• HarveyCanal said:
    He didn't write that shit, nor do his actions over the ~30 years since then leave any indication that he woulda written that shit.

Regarding Ron Paul Political Report's "Special Issue on Race Terrorism." or any of over 50 issues of his newsletter which contain heinous racist statements:

Either Ron Paul wrote this racist shit; or he endorsed someone else's writing this racist shit and knowingly published it under his own name; or, over the course of thousands of pages and roughly a decade, he was such an incompetent manager of his own profit- and brand-making communications enterprise ??? and evidently too lazy or stupid to bother reading a dozen pages per month ??? that this kind of unforgivable shit went out in his name, proving that he isn't even electable as the treasurer of his local record collector's forum, much less the leader of the fucking free world.
    And it's interesting how so much of the crazy stuff in his newsletters was written by "Dr. Paul" or some unnamed writer who speaks for him, yet he claims he didn't write it and acts all "I don't know how that got in there!" Then he says "I never read it" and "Well, sometimes I read it" in the same (most recent) CNN interview, and spoke in a 1995 interview about how deeply involved he was in his newsletter, yet he now claims he was too busy being a doctor. When someone's story changes like that, it's because they're lying. He's lying. He won't admit writing it, but he won't say who wrote it if he didn't. That is clearly bullshit. Do you honestly expect him now to say "I wrote that stuff you find so heinous and offensive!"

As for his racist actions over the past 30 years, what part of pandering to the KKK, Aryan Nations & John Birch Society, having close friends and advisors, still, among those groups and knowingly publishing and selling racist literature for ten years do you not find indicative of a mentality that would write that shit?

Dude, you're in denial like a brainwashed cult baby.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Quit letting the corrupt media use calculated smear campaigns to pull your heartstrings with such ease.

What does "the media" have to gain by smearing Ron Paul?

The examining of this information is in line with the fact that Paul is a front runner in Iowa, the same way all discouraging/controversial information has been revealed for every other potential Republican front runner.

• He is a crazy racist nutbag...
    As far as "but he is against war" rhetoric...The only reason he is against war and torture is because governments do it, but if private industry wants to employ 10 year olds and put them in harm's way in a factory, that's cool. If a private industry wants to manufacture tools of torture or bombs, or whatever, that's cool...it's a free market. Dude sounds like he wants to run for president in 1839, he wants to bring back the golden age of white privilege....he wants to create a new confederacy. "leave it up to the states" is such a bullshit catch-all for these libertarian fuckwads. If something is right, like allowing gays to marry, or for a women to have a choice when it comes to her body, it should be a federal law. States rights is simpleton talk for "mob rule." Libertarians want to legislate neglect and selfishness. He is against war and wants to stop the war on drugs, big fuckin' deal...he also wants to eliminate the very things that keep working people alive..like wage laws, free education, and health care. Fuck him.

• Dubble dwibble poast

• The prospect of shiffting wealth among elite power groups will always promote smearing in the media to some degree.

• "The youth culture is already driven by ghetto music and ghetto values. Just look at the clothing young people wear today (baggy jeans, backwards hats, high-top sneakers) and the music they listen to (which has a thumping beat once heard only on safari). And the sexual ethics of our youth are also degenerati????ng to the level of the ghetto.

Is there any way to stop the trend? No politician of any major party is going to speak out on these themes (although the one who does would do quite well). But there is a way to save your own children. Every home should be dedicated to Western standards of religion, music, values, education, dress, and manners."

--Ron Paul newsletter??, January 1993

http://www.tnr.com/sites/default/files/January1993.pdf

I don't think he cares much for the raps.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    He is a crazy racist nutbag... Fuck him.

I was hoping for more name calling before I left work early.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    z_illa said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

If you're a Paul supporter you should be used to disappointments.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    z_illa said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Good thing I checked one last time before leaving. Nice one!

z_illa said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    z_illa said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

Good thing I checked one last time before leaving. Nice one!

Happy Fesitvus! :cool:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fine, continue to be shills.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Fine, continue to be a Paultard.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• Oh how clever, let's run down the other things that Ronnie doesn't believe in....minimum wage, child labor laws, the civil rights act, manufacturing regulations, clean water laws, safe food laws, Medicare, social security, school lunches, Medicaid, pro-choice, aids funding...

The_Hook_Up said:
    Oh how clever, let's run down the other things that Ronnie doesn't believe in....minimum wage, child labor laws, the civil rights act, manufacturing regulations, clean water laws, safe food laws, Medicare, social security, school lunches, Medicaid, pro-choice, aids funding...

Exactly. But hey, if you're not for Ronnie P, you're a shill.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    He is a crazy racist nutbag...
    As far as "but he is against war" rhetoric...The only reason he is against war and torture is because governments do it, but if private industry wants to employ 10 year olds and put them in harm's way in a factory, that's cool. If a private industry wants to manufacture tools of torture or bombs, or whatever, that's cool...it's a free market. Dude sounds like he wants to run for president in 1839, he wants to bring back the golden age of white privilege....he wants to create a new confederacy. "leave it up to the states" is such a bullshit catch-all for these libertarian fuckwads. If something is right, like allowing gays to marry, or for a women to have a choice when it comes to her body, it should be a federal law. States rights is simpleton talk for "mob rule." Libertarians want to legislate neglect and selfishness. He is against war and wants to stop the war on drugs, big fuckin' deal...he also wants to eliminate the very things that keep working people alive..like wage laws, free education, and health care. Fuck him.

:game_over: The fact that Sheed and zilla back a politician who equates black culture with the end of western civilization suggests a level schadenfreude I never thought possible. Play on gentlemen but a shovel is not the best tool for getting out of a hole.