Happy Hanukkah

esskayesskay 221 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
Big Happy Festival Of Lights to all my fellow Heebs out there!

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

When I was 13 I bought myself a gaudy menorah.
    Been using the cheep thing for decades.

Last year a good friend of mine started teaching at one of the richest schools in the city, having served 19 years in one of the poorest.
    At the end of the school year the teachers put useful stuff they were getting rid of on a free table. He picked up a beautiful menorah from the free table and gave it to me, so I now have a nice menorah.

On top of that I got a six sided Mexican dreidel at the fruteria last week.

HAPPY CHANUKAH!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I'm not a Christian, but I participate in "Christmas" activities such as gift exchanges, shopping and eating. If only Hanukkah could get commercial enough for me to take part in the traditions. We'd be able to put the cheap menorah my mom got to use. She didn't know what it was; I guess she thought it was like the ultimate candle holder or something.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I'm not a Christian, but I participate in "Christmas" activities such as gift exchanges, shopping and eating. If only Hanukkah could get commercial enough for me to take part in the traditions. We'd be able to put the cheap menorah my mom got to use. She didn't know what it was; I guess she thought it was like the ultimate candle holder or something.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I grew up the neighborhood goy in a sea of Menorahs.

I love the spirit of this holiday!

• my wife made a bunch of rugelach...yum.

Happy Hanukkah y'all!

• The_Hook_Up said:

Happy Hanukkah y'all!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Light em up y'all. Peace to everyone in this season of giving and light.

• chag sameach, hebros.

• Seven wonderfully, awkward minutes...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The only thing I like less than official public displays of Christianity is official public displays of Judaism.
    Check the video, it's mid day, they have the shutters closed with the blinding sun coming through.
    Lubavitch no doubt.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm reveling in sale price Kedem tea biscuits. Those things are da shit!

• dark chocolate gelt FTW. happy hannukah y'all!