Do you dance?

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
Also do you DJ?
I ask because I have heard that DJs like people to dance when they are playing dance music.

Comments

• People seem to like it when DJs dance while they are DJing.
    It gets them even more hyped than half the records you might play.

• I never trust a DJ who doesn't dance.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yes. While I play records and when others do it, too. I am a big fan of dancing.

There is a picture of me from when I was 6 or so: My parents and a bunch of their friends, all younger then than I am now, had gone away for a camping trip that required an overnight stop after a day of driving. One motel room was the common gathering space and in the picture is me dancing my ass off in the foreground to goodness know what and in the background you can see a bunch of totally sacked, boozed out adults looking at me like they'd love to break my tiny disco legs.

About the same age, my friend V*** and I would turn all the lights off, blare the radio and take turns making strobe lights with the switch while the other one danced.

About the same age, I broke a lamp high-kicking a dance move off the armchair.

Dance Fever - is it out on DVD?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Strictly Flavor Flav style.

• I could see the Smurf, and the Popeye.. But the Jerry Lewis too?

• double dance.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Yes. Early and often.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I ask because I have heard that DJs like people to dance when they are playing dance music for people who have asked to have dance music played.

And if you ask for psychedelic music, you damn well better be tripping when that shit comes on.

• bassie said:
    Yes. While I play records and when others do it, too. I am a big fan of dancing.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I enjoy doing the Horizontal Mambo as much as possible.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Hell yeah. For me it's a reflex to hearing good music.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Do you Party?

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    does jumping up and down count? lol

but f'real
    Reynaldo said:
    Hell yeah. For me it's a reflex to hearing good music.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Most def, especially when I play.

b/w

Not if I'm at a HarveyCanal party.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Yes. Also sing badly to tunes I know, even worse to tunes I don't know, and going on the evidence of the pain in my shin, I sometimes do James Brown style things on my knees to show that I'm really, really [strike]into it[/strike] drunk.

A lot of my rockist friends who "don't get dance music", also cannot dance. When I suggest to them that there could be a connection, I am scorned, because I do not play guitar, but merely spin records, so what would I know about music.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    We don't dance, we boogie.

No but seriously, I'm a dancing fool. Especialy on some quad skates. And I stay dunkin' whilst on the wheels.

Has there ever been a "poast a clip of yourself dancing or your soft" thread? It might be time.

There's a video clip I'm tagged in on my facebook page that has me dancing while I'm deejaying. But apparently I don't have the right Flash Player, so right now I can't even view it, let alone post it here.

• gotta be feeling the vibe/scene/environment of where im at, but of course!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Pretty much all I did throughout my 20s was dance at soul & funk nights. Now that I'm approaching the end of my 20s I find myself a less inspired to get out there and cut moves. :down:

This jawn's always a magic bullet though

• Not sure if this embed will work, but here's a (dark ass) video of me acting a fool and dancing with every woman in the club for the last song of the night.

embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/146982072037546" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224">

Herm said:
    Not sure if this embed will work, but here's a (dark ass) video of me acting a fool and dancing with every woman in the club for the last song of the night.

embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/146982072037546" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224">

Me likes. That was a great idea.

HarveyCanal said:
    There's a video clip I'm tagged in on my facebook page that has me dancing while I'm deejaying. But apparently I don't have the right Flash Player, so right now I can't even view it, let alone post it here.

Figured it out...

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Herm said:
    ....here's a (dark ass) video of me acting a fool and dancing with every woman in the club for the last song of the night.

I applaud you Herm. That must've caught everyone off guard and bet every last female loved it & was flattered.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This is great news.
    I was afraid that most people here were "too cool" to dance.
    The only thing dorkier than doing your dorky dance is not dancing.
    I'm sure most of you all have moves, but even those who don't, get up!

In my teens I went to here all the local rock bands play for free in the park and did my hippie dance.
    I also went to to hippie live music square dances, and still go once every 5 years or so.
    In my 20s I was in various folk dance groups, and did swing dancing when out on the town.
    When we lived in Syracuse we used to go to the Polish hall and polka to bands like Jersey Polka Ritchie.

These days I rarely go out and only like dancing with my wife, but if I am in the grocery store and Chic is playing I might bust a move in the aisle.

I don't dj.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    9-times-out-of-10 if you're married or have a girlfriend, dancing is a must. I don't know any females that don't like to dance. Even if you're the worst dancer, females just love and appreciate the effort.

• dan, i went to 8 weddings this last year and ended up square/line dancing three times.gotta say it was a lot of fun.

• dan, i went to 8 weddings this last year and ended up square/line dancing three times.gotta say it was a lot of fun.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    dan, i went to 8 weddings this last year and ended up square/line dancing three times.gotta say it was a lot of fun.

Square dancing is so much.