Public Enemy Doc up on iPlayer now

DownstrokeDownstroke 81 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet but the last of BBC4's Black Music Legends series aired last night, celebrating the work and impact of Public Enemy. I'm not sure if you can get this if you're out of the UK, but it's well worth a peep. The scenes where Griff is reminiscing about his relation with Flav is priceless.

Here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01805m3/Black_Music_Legends_of_the_1980s_Public_Enemy_Prophets_of_Rage/

Comments

• thanks, but the player says it can only be watched in the uk. is there another way to see this?

• crabmongerfunk said:
    thanks, but the player says it can only be watched in the uk. is there another way to see this?

working torrent

http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/5497131/Public-Enemy-Prophets-Of-Rage-WS-PDTV-XviD-FTP-(tntvillage)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A couple of minor factual inaccuracies aside (Run DMC were never on Def Jam), this is worth a watch. It won't tell most of you anything you didn't already know, but some of the archive material from the Spectrum City days is fascinating.

Also this is a useful bit of software if you're in the US and want to watch something on the iPlayer. Works the other way too, for those of you missing Jon Stewart since More4 decided to replace The Daily Show with repeats of Come Dine With Me.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    A couple of minor factual inaccuracies aside

What about DJ Johnny Juice? He was an original member of the Bomb Squad and also (to the best of my knowledge) did most of the Scratching. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe someone on here knows some more details?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    A couple of minor factual inaccuracies aside

What about DJ Johnny Juice? He was an original member of the Bomb Squad and also (to the best of my knowledge) did most of the Scratching. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe someone on here knows some more details?

I wondered about Juice too, until I saw he'd got a "thanks to" in the end credits. I know that in the past he's been fairly outspoken about his involvement with PE, but I've no idea what the deal is now.