When Mommy does your digging

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited December 2011 in Strut Central
My mom has a soft spot for flea markets, thrifts and goodwills but she hasn't got a clue what kind of music I like. Although I have told her a million times not to buy me any records or clothes, she still brings me some Benny Goodman or whatever Swing/Dixie record because she knows I "like Jazz". Still I think it's sweet she always tries to find something to make me happy, that's why I usually say "thanks" and "how nice" if it's not a total monstrosity. But once in a while she really surprises me with non-record stuff she turns up that's really hot.

Best thing was a huge tube radio by Braun which turned out to be a classic designed by Hans Gugelot:

Recently she helped me to get the old microphones of my parents church because they have bought newer (shittier) ones. And so I got a pair of MD 411 for 50 bucks. Sick!

What's the best stuff your parents hipped you to?

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    disco_che said:

Best thing was a huge tube radio by Braun which turned out to be a classic designed by Hans Gugelot:

Your mom sounds cool as sh*t to get you this. Seriously.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    elise said:
    disco_che said:

Your mom sounds cool as sh*t to get you this. Seriously.

This was more of a lucky shot. She isn't really into industrial design so she had me surprised with this one. But you're right, she's kinda "cool" in her own way.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    The design itself of the Braun is beautiful.