Let's Talk 2012 Election (NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
So according to the below info from todays New York Times it looks like Obama may be going after the Saba vote.

I'm curious.....how many of you don't belong to one of the groups or the general stereotype(s) highlighted below.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment ??? professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists ??? and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

Comments

• His failure to reinvigorate the antitrust laws makes Saba sad. Couldn't the DOJ please sue Google. Leegin, Twombly, Iqbal. Poor Saba has nothing to defend and his bonus will now be small.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Small business owner here.

Rockadelic said:
    So according to the below info from todays New York Times it looks like Obama may be going after the Saba vote.

I'm curious.....how many of you don't belong to one of the groups or the general stereotype(s) highlighted below.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment ??? professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists ??? and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

• this thread will only break your heart

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I am almost certain that Rock started this thread solely to drive a lurking Frankie into an apoplectic fit at not being able to post in it.

b/w

It's rare to see an incumbent reelected in such a bad economy, but I think the Republican field has even less of a chance of producing a viable contender. Talmbout Obama winning with a very poor voter turnout.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Small business owner here.

I didn't see that on their list?