Why are all Soviet auctions "secret squirrel"....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
It shits me to tears these days... everyone knows the correct spelling, and all these sites spelling shit wrong (yeah I'm looking at you French mutherfuckers) and these auctions are horrible. Replacing the cover with a generic cover is just weak. Don't buy into it people...

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Cause they don't want people to realize that 99% of the records being hyped are common as dirt?

• I've also had it with these Turkish secret squirrel sellers.

"OMG UNNO TURKISH PSYCH!!!", which is almost always some Edip Akbayram shit that's been on ebay 50 times already. Plus, I'm not buying "unno" as an abbreviation for unknown.

• it's called "polishing the terd"

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    so stones throwed can vick it and reboot to lp as the coolest exotic otis dookie sample fodder?

• i know theres a guy who PAYS TO POAST these in the sales forum, maybe this is directed at him?

see, the thing is, it's counterproductive. unrelated to the above seller, the other day I spied a nice underpriced $60 jazz BIN title and almost pulled the trigger. noticed the seller was secret squirrelling some tepid funk on the same list and I said nah, would rather not buy form him.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    not just directed at Soviet Groove, you can identify most of the tracks by asking around and posting the auctions here, I can definitely help.

You can find the proper names of the records at this site funny enough, and there's a download link for the WHOLE archive! --
    http://my.opera.com/sovietgroove/blog/

djsheep said:
    not just directed at Soviet Groove, you can identify most of the tracks by asking around and posting the auctions here, I can definitely help.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    it's called "polishing the terd"

Lmao!!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    A while back some joker asked me for some pretty big Afro records and offered me some covered up rusky terds... most offensive thing was how completely shitty the music was, I wouldn't take any of this crap if it was for free...

Frank said:
    A while back some joker asked me for some pretty big Afro records and offered me some covered up rusky terds... most offensive thing was how completely shitty the music was, I wouldn't take any of this crap if it was for free...

There's dudes on eBay selling St. Tropez records as Secret Squirrels... COME ON SON! $35 BIN???
    b

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    What's the deal with the record game in Russia? With all due respect, I suppose the secrecy of titles and whatnot must be a reflection of this cutthroat society that Russia seems to be. Why would anyone buy a record that they don't know what it is? Kind of lame from an outsiders perspective.

• Yeah like this shit.

I'd love it a bunch of people just stormed all these vids en masse and posted titles in the comments.