Saba - Homeowner

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited November 2011 in Strut Central
Under contract. Three bedroom in Mill Neck with a view of Oyster Bay, Center Island and Long Island Sound from the living room.

But best of all, the people that lived there were apparently audiophiles and the livingroom has cool built in 19 50's stereo cabinet, complete with phono tray that slides out on a rack, a spot for the tuner and shelving for about 1000 records all made out of teak. I saw that and was like - "start packing - we'll take it."

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Citizens of Mulberry Street rejoice!

b/w

jealous of the teak record shelves

• I'm keeping the apartment as my pied a terre.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Close to West Shore Rd.???

b/w

Ghetto of Muttowntown

• LOL. Yes in the Concourse. My future commute will be zenlike in its duration.

• let your strut fam know when the house warming is

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Congrats.
    Welcome to the world of home ownership.

Photos of record room please.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Homewonership is pretty fresh in general, but you really scored with that record shelving/audiophile stuff. Congrats!

• This is the built in teak wood stereo and record shelving. It has a Fisher Tuner that could be tube, it feels like it weighs a ton, and a turntable of unknown make already there that I offered the seller $125 for. There is a speaker built in up top as well with the other on top of a built in bookcase on the opposite side of the room where the fireplace is.

On the right in the picture above you can see the door to the screen porch that runs the length of the living room. Because the house is built on a hill the porch is on the second floor in the back and you can see over the top of Bayville to Long Island Sound from it. Here

And two of those big windows onto the porch slide completely open sideways on wood rails.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Saba,

Congratulations, mane!!!! I'm sorry I missed this thread initially, and I wish you and the fam the best in your new home.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I like the low windows.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Looks like a sweet place. A friend & colleague of mine lives by there, in Oyster Bay (village? hamlet? Never really mastered NY's political subdivisions). He really likes it, although he has noted that there's an air of small town clique-ishness; i.e. some folks still view him like an outsider because he's not an OB native, even though he's lived there for about 15 years.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Nice! Congrats and welcome to the next level of home maintenance. I just fixed the garbage disposal and there's more where that came from.

• It took four months but we finally closed this afternoon. Seller was super nice 92 year old lady. So glad we didn't bring our two-year old to the closing.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    It took four months but we finally closed this afternoon. Seller was super nice 92 year old lady. So glad we didn't bring our two-year old to the closing.

Congralulations, mane, welcome to the world of home ownership!!! It's wonderful, although demanding at times (i.e., can't call maintenance for free anymore), but nonetheless, well worth it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak