Favorite SADE Album???

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    someone ban that poptart

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I appreciate her entire wardrobe!!! She is absolutely breaktaking.

The "Love Is Stronger Than Pride (Mad Professor remix)" is simple amazing. This is a must on the lovers list. Dark room, loud sound system, dancin' with a sexy gurl... It gets no bettah!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    STRONGER THAN PRIDE

damn if i haven't fallen asleep to that album countless times

shit is beautiful

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Album??? Hmm..... that's tough.... I just know my favorite kuts are "Cherish" and "Love Is Stronger Than Pride"... And damn the Paul Nice remix is

I don't even wanna post the beat I did with this song now - thanks Paul...! HA!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

DOPE Paul... Thx for the post!

Made my day.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I loved Sade when I was 16 and it sounded sophisticated to my ears, but now I think she isn't nearly as good as I liked to think she was. She has a really limited vocal range and her band teeters on the edge of dentist's office, lite jazz/funk too often. Still, the first 3 LP's all have some good tunes on them. And I still think she's a fox, high forehead and all.

real talk

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I loved Sade when I was 16 and it sounded sophisticated to my ears, but now I think she isn't nearly as good as I liked to think she was. She has a really limited vocal range and her band teeters on the edge of dentist's office, lite jazz/funk too often. Still, the first 3 LP's all have some good tunes on them. And I still think she's a fox, high forehead and all.

real talk

Her music has aged very well,IMO. They never ran w/ the radio pack, giving the sound a timeless feel.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Kinda interesting that noone mentioned "Lovers Rock":

Is it the Soulstrut consensus that this LP was a step down in quality for Sade? I remember not being too impressed with it.

"Love Deluxe" is my fave Sade album.

SG

Nah, Lovers Rock isnt a stepdown at all. Its just not better than her first run.
    "I'ts Only Love That Gets You Through" always gets me choked up.That track would be on my personal best of Comp.

• Im New to this forum, but just seen this post. i thought id post my sade re edit i did with my man Gentle Bren from Go-Off.

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=036VOIC469IUU1TRBJCAQJCQ6Y

Im New to this forum, but just seen this post. i thought id post my sade re edit i did with my man Gentle Bren from Go-Off.

http://s44.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=036VOIC469IUU1TRBJCAQJCQ6Y

Just state your favorite album. It's so simple.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i celebrate her entire catalog.

i also enjoy rocking doubles of "Hang On To Your Love"

i celebrate her entire catalog.

i also enjoy rocking doubles of "TURN MY BACK ON YOU"

• Im New to this forum, but just seen this post. i thought id post my sade re edit i did with my man Gentle Bren from Go-Off.

[url=http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=036VOIC469IUU1TRBJCAQJCQ6Y

Just state your favorite album. It's so simple.

My bad, its just that there are other songs posted here, thought it would be cool with you lot being sade heads and all.

Promise is alright.

Promise is alright.

Is that your fav, or is it just alright?

• well id say it was my favourate for sake of argument, but my problem with sade is i cant shake off the whole smoothe operater thing, Her vocals are always great.

well id say it was my favourate for sake of argument, but my problem with sade is i cant shake off the whole smoothe operater thing, Her vocals are always great.

There you go, wasn't that easy.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    BATMON, this is off topic, but I just peeped your location. Damn if that ain't lyrically one of the greatest songs in rap history even after 20+ years, and how many people even know it. "A newspaper burns in the sand / and the headline reads 'man destroys man'".... classic.

Back on topic... "Lover's Rock" was dope too, please believe that, just not outshining all the other albums. I can't even imagine Sade dropping a dud, not after all these years of consistency. More artists need to follow her example- no matter how the times change and the trends come and go, if your shit is great then just keep doing what you do.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn if Kanye ain't lyrically one of the greatest emcees in rap history evar[/b]

• love deluxe. stein

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    Damn if that ain't lyrically one of the greatest songs in rap history even after 20+ years, and how many people even know it. "A newspaper burns in the sand / and the headline reads 'man destroys man'".... classic.

best emcee ever.

real talk.