• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    all i know is kiss of life is my fav tune of hers, its angelic

• check 'red eye' only on the smooth operator 12 - P

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    check 'red eye' only on the smooth operator 12 - P

Iz that your fav?

• check 'red eye' only on the smooth operator 12 - P

Iz that your fav?

definitely, it's a wicked jazz fusion dancer and unlike the mellow stuff on the lp's. it was really just to say check it out cos it's a real sleeper, best -P

• Love Deluxe dude

Love Deluxe dude

I never saw that on wax back when came out. I just copped it from Korea(epic).

check 'red eye' only on the smooth operator 12 - P

Iz that your fav?

definitely, it's a wicked jazz fusion dancer and unlike the mellow stuff on the lp's. it was really just to say check it out cos it's a real sleeper, best -P

RED EYE also is played during the extended Smooth Operator video.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Love Deluxe dude

Yeah... I think Love Deluxe. But I love 'em all.
    Those 12"-only b-sides are pretty critical too IMO... well, some of 'em might not be all that, but there's a lot of buttery joints pho real.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Promise. no question

Those 12"-only b-sides are pretty critical too IMO...

Room 55

• There's a UK press of Love Deluxe. Went for coin last I checked, but who knows? Other than that, Asian presses that are cheap but low quality.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wasn't going to bother cause I figured people would be all over it, but since nobody has represented, this is my fav right hurr:

The ultimate for sippin' chablis on the deck, looking out over the ocean with your one n' only...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Love Deluxe dude

one of my all time favorites

I wasn't going to bother cause I figured people would be all over it, but since nobody has represented, this is my fav right hurr:

The ultimate for sippin' chablis on the deck, looking out over the ocean with your one n' only...

I think that probably the lp w/ the most bangers in the public's opinion.
    If had to introduce someone to SADE, I would go w/ STPride.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    This thread has me looking over my Sade collection again... man, that "Diamond Life" lp was no joke either! The obvious stuff like "Smooth Operator", "Hang Onto Your Love" and "Your Love Is King", but then you have smokers like "When Am I Gonna Make a Livin'", "Cherry Pie", "I Will Be Your Friend"... WHEW. I almost forgot, this album was why i fell in love with ol' girl with the big forehead in the first place! Sade is too dope, mane.

This thread has me looking over my Sade collection again... man, that "Diamond Life" lp was no joke either! The obvious stuff like "Smooth Operator", "Hang Onto Your Love" and "Your Love Is King", but then you have smokers like "When Am I Gonna Make a Livin'", "Cherry Pie", "I Will Be Your Friend"... WHEW. I almost forgot, this album was why i fell in love with ol' girl with the big forehead in the first place! Sade is too dope, mane.

She tells a story where some random dude ran up to her w/ "How could you murder that Timmy Thomas song!!"

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

The title track always makes me putty in her hands.

This thread made me want to put on some Sade, and I can't . I'm moving next sunday, and the "S" section is packed up. Damn!

• I celebrate hisher entire catalog

I really don't know anybody who doesn't like Sade. I don't think I'd want to either.

Some of my favourite records in my collection are my Sade 12's. Maybe because her music is so fucking dope or the sentimental value they have (I remember BITD my dad was way into her music) but you just can't front on girl.

That Sweetback shit is another story though

I celebrate hisher entire catalog

I really don't know anybody who doesn't like Sade. I don't think I'd want to either.

I know a couple of friends of mine who find her too melancholy.
    But their musical tastes are

That Sweetback shit is another story though

but stuart matthewman does his thang on

If you like SADE..............check out SANTESSA...........

I saw her live @ Joe's Pub last tuesday.

I cant contol myself but..........she also on this sdtk.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Love Deluxe dude

one of my all time favorites

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I loved Sade when I was 16 and it sounded sophisticated to my ears, but now I think she isn't nearly as good as I liked to think she was. She has a really limited vocal range and her band teeters on the edge of dentist's office, lite jazz/funk too often. Still, the first 3 LP's all have some good tunes on them. And I still think she's a fox, high forehead and all.

• I loved Sade when I was 16 and it sounded sophisticated to my ears, but now I think she isn't nearly as good as I liked to think she was. She has a really limited vocal range and her band teeters on the edge of dentist's office, lite jazz/funk too often. Still, the first 3 LP's all have some good tunes on them. And I still think she's a fox, high forehead and all.

someone ban this poptart

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I loved Sade when I was 16 and it sounded sophisticated to my ears, but now I think she isn't nearly as good as I liked to think she was. She has a really limited vocal range and her band teeters on the edge of dentist's office, lite jazz/funk too often. Still, the first 3 LP's all have some good tunes on them. And I still think she's a fox, high forehead and all.

Are you serious!?

I saw her live from the 7th row on her last tour and she and her band were FANTASTIC!

• Love Deluxe dude

Yes sir

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Are you serious!?

I saw her live from the 7th row on her last tour and she and her band were FANTASTIC!

Last time I saw her (admittedly years ago) she did 20 mins, sobbed a bit into the mic and then left the stage never to return. Although I didn't get a refund I was marginally consoled by the fact that she was clearly even more miserable than me.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    A restaurant I worked at for a while had Love Delux in the CD changer. I basically heard it every day for 5 months along with Chris Issac and a bunch of muzac crap. At first i was happy there was a good CD on, but after a couple months it got played and the manager was not about to let me change it. I have yet to revisit the album and I think I will need several more years before I can hear it again without thinking of that job. Thank god I can still listen to the rest of her LP's without flipping out.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

someone ban this poptart

WELL EXCUUUUSE MEEEEE!!!