Rep your pick for 2011???s Hottest Dude

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
I'm starting this as per Almond's request...

And it must start with him....swooon!

Not only he's hot, but has fantastic taste in music and sings. Bonus points.

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

Yeah, Ryan Gosling seems to have made a splash this year with Drive and The Ides of March, both of which I want to see but probably won't. I thought he was great in the largely slept on Lars and the Real Girl, as was the rest of the cast.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Almond said:

Yeah, Ryan Gosling seems to have made a splash this year.

:pasue:

He's adorable.

• Almond said:

He's adorable.

went and caught psycho at the lightbox last night, this kid right hurr has unmistakable norman bates vibes.

• hmm.

• who i don't think is hot:

CRINGE @ all those accessories

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Who the hell is that?
    "I may look like campus pub bar back, but really, I am Appelby's Host for Seating."
    I crossed right past cringe into shudder territory.

The whole shell-bone pelvic area coming out of the jeans is blech! - on men or women

• it's johnny depp

oh wow. right.

• Johnny Depp looks like he stinks. A lot of girls I'm friends with are sweet on that dude, but I think that's some fire burning from his 21 Jump Street days on up to his early work with Tim Burton / misunderstood character steez.

Jim Morrison-lite?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    elise said:

http://typographerryangosling.tumblr.com/

Thanks, DB. Very nice.

My James Franco crush dissipated rather quickly since last year's edition of this thread. He's dropped off in terms of relevancy, and he was a wreck at the Academy Awards. But, in honor of Movember (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember), I will include a photo of a mustachioed Franco. I thought he was the hottest, most precious thing ever in the film "Milk" and that 'stache just about killed me. Up until then, I thought mustaches were some creepy old guy steez. But he rocked his with style and soul.

And then the whole world rushed to capture and jar the sexiness of the Franco 'stache. The hipsters caught on and began marring historic pop art images with handlebar mustaches. Teenage girls drew mustaches on the fingers, held them over their upper lips and took photos. Art, they called it. Indie blogs featured product photos of owls with 'staches and cupcakes with 'staches and babies with 'staches. Mustaches everywhere. They exploited Franco's beauty to sell a few graph paper tablets with mustaches on them at Urban Outfitters. What a travesty. Now he's not even that hot anymore.

Call me strange, but I'm not the only one who feels this way: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/fashion/08CODES.html

edith head said:
    it's johnny depp

Never understood the Depp appeal.

He does look like he stinks.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    elise said:

http://typographerryangosling.tumblr.com/

BRBKTHNXBAI.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    empanadamn said:
    Johnny Depp looks like he stinks.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Almond said:
    And then the whole world rushed to capture and jar the sexiness of the Franco 'stache. The hipsters caught on and began marring historic pop art images with handlebar mustaches. Teenage girls drew mustaches on the fingers, held them over their upper lips and took photos. Art, they called it. Indie blogs featured product photos of owls with 'staches and cupcakes with 'staches and babies with 'staches. Mustaches everywhere. They exploited Franco's beauty to sell a few graph paper tablets with mustaches on them at Urban Outfitters. What a travesty. Now he's not even that hot anymore.

I CAN'T EVEN SHOP FOR SNACKS WITHOUT BEING ACCOSTED

A few years ago my friend came up with a great term - beautiful monster.
    Unbeknownst to each other, we were both admiring the same 6'5"+, pocked-marked, always frowning guy until we saw him together and swooned. That's what she called him, it was perfect.

I kinda think this guy fits the bill....but I put him more on the beautiful side than the monster.

(I have another friend who came up "hot crackhead"...but this is reserved mostly for cute guys whose social circle is mad suspect and fail to do something about their unkept hair and dirty hands/nails)

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    bassie said:
    I think there's actually an existing term for this, though I'm blanking on it right now. It is, of course, something French. "Pretty-ugly," maybe? (Or whatever that would be en Francais.)

But yeah, I read it back in the 90s in some article discussing the appeal of, like, Serge Gainsbourg and Sandra Bernhard and whoever.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    And this is tangential, but: A little while back at some school assembly, I overheard one guy telling another, "I mean, she's not pretty pretty, but she's teacher pretty."

Oof.

james said:
    bassie said:
    I think there's actually an existing term for this, though I'm blanking on it right now. It is, of course, something French. "Pretty-ugly," maybe? (Or whatever that would be en Francais.)

But yeah, I read it back in the 90s in some article discussing the appeal of, like, Serge Gainsbourg and Sandra Bernhard and whoever.

beau affreux: beautiful terrible
    jolie-laide: pretty-ugly

James, I believe it's jolie laide, which translates to pretty-ugly woman. Or a woman who is pretty, but not conventionally so. Don't know the male equivalent of the term.

• bassie said:

beau affreux: beautiful terrible
    jolie-laide: pretty-ugly

somewhat apropos

• cool

• Almond said:
    James, I believe it's jolie laide, which translates to pretty-ugly woman. Or a woman who is pretty, but not conventionally so. Don't know the male equivalent of the term.

I've always heard it as "belle-laide", but I guess both are common.

He was a bit of a wild card last year, riding the line between Yes and No.

I think the baby gut may be the deciding factor....moving him firmly into the Yes category.

• the Swiss chalet delivery guy who always comes to our house looks exactly like sidney poitier c.1967. but with a french accent

i no longer allow the GF to answer the door

:shook:

Hi.