Walking Dead Is Back And I'm So Happy!

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Glad to see this show start-up again. Only 45 minutes into the 2 hour season opener, and it's not disappointing.

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If people complained about some of last season's episodes not having enough zombies they should be more than satisfied with last night's season opener.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I'm excited. I was hesitant to click on this thread because of spoilers but then I thought, "I bet there will be zombies, what could possibly be spoiled?"

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Mofuckin ZOMBIES.. I'm right there witcha bro.

- spidey

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yes, without any spoilers, they took the zombies to a new level last night.

• the effects and lurching zombie shuffles were perfect!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Watched it last night. Much improved over the first season and way more Zombie action.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    this pleases me

• yo i just watched the 5 episode run of the UK "Dead Set" from 2008. pretty stellar stuff. very 28 days laterish. the zombies were tough as hell and fast as shit!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the series still continues to disappoint me. every episode is still a string of schmaltzy one-on-one pep talks that actually includes the phrase "everything's gonna be alright" consistently. the last episode seemed to have a theme of people losing it so the pep talks were all about trying to talk sense into people and again telling them everything is going to be alright. the writers seem really lazy

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im Zombied out at this point. Its been a good 10 years w/ the genre's 'comeback'.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    yo i just watched the 5 episode run of the UK "Dead Set" from 2008. pretty stellar stuff. very 28 days laterish. the zombies were tough as hell and fast as shit!
    this shit was much better than walking dead was. i really wish walking dead was only 30 minutes because it's getting hard to watch at an hour long.

• edith and brian,
    i agree...they need to pick up the pace. its pretty much the same way in the comic, but you can breeze past it a little quicker. they could be covering a little more ground and telling more story rather than the soap opera for character developments sake nonsense

all in all tho, i'll keep watching.
    but id rather watch more of Dead Set

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This show should be so good, it looks great, but it's just so lamely written and the characters are hackneyed and predictable. I read that they sacked all the writers at one point during development, so they must know they have problems. Such a shame.

-

tripledouble, the writer/creator of Deadset is currently working on a new mini series called Black Mirror which is apparently a 2011 UK version of the Twilight Zone. It should be out some time in the next month or so.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Sorry to beat that ol horse, but I just plain don't like running Zombies.

Deadset was overall pretty bad to me... talking Sci fi channel bad. I didn't even like 28 days later. Didn't you brits learn anything from Shaun of the dead.

Anyways I gotta give it up for the Walking deads source material. The comic book was great. The TV show crew adapting em... is making it a bit telenovela for my tastes, but it's still the best shit on cable tv this side of Hugh Laurie or Sunny Flipadelphia.

I'm really not into to these hour long show per comic book and side story deviations. It's gonna be 3 years before they even get to the Governor.. that is if they ever get to him. Robert Kirkman you should be ashamed!

- spidey