3 direct drive
2 belt drive
2 portable

This is normal? right

Comments

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    2 1200's for DJing and mixing.
    Thorens for listening
    Two portables for the record show and remote listening.
    And a technics I picked up at a garage sale because my friends are always bugging me for TTs.

Seems about right.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I own about 800 at the moment. They're all in the showroom down at Skel's Hi-Fi.
    Mid-week I am expecting to add another 30 to that total.

Waiting on a shipment from some dudes in Finland who have a radical new design based in non-vibrating paper-mache casing and cunningly positioned short-range air jets that allow the vinyl to hover in mid air and not touch any solid surface.

The real USP though is the tone arm, which is made out of a sacred and secret Finnish wood that was used by Druids and them for the divination of water back in the day. This will be of interest to many board members as they claim that said tonearm will automatically seek out the most Liquid Funk it can find in any record and play it ad nauseum.

b/w

Just the one, a Sony. I find it does what's required, plays one track at a time. I can't imagine ever needing two.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Murdock said:
    6 for me ...

3 direct drive
    2 belt drive
    2 portable

This is normal? right

Math-wise? No.

I own 4. Two Technic MK-2s (from teh DJ days), one in the living room, one in my fiance's mom's basement with my travel coffin. The fiance's is on top of the fridge for kitchen listening, and the Vestax portable is cooling out with the records waiting to come off the bench during power outage and field trips.

• We each have 4 Technics for a total of 8, then a B&O in the living room.
    3 vintage Portables, a newer Numark portable, and 2 random non-direct drive turntables.
    15 grand total.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    At least 6 (if you count the Big Bird and the trashy looking 1200 that may only be good as spare parts for the other 2) but probably less than 10?

• 2 technics
    2 numark portables
    1 japanese portable
    1 broken portable
    1 record player/CD/tape combo

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    2 X 1200s.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    2 x technics 1200
    1 x Vestax PDX
    15 or so portables
    juke box (at my dads)

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    2 1200s, a soundburger portable and a big bird portable.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Murdock said:
    6 for me ...

3 direct drive
    2 belt drive
    2 portable

This is normal? right

Math-wise? No.

Funny, I added another portable, I forgot I had, just before I clicked the send button....

• 2 x 1200
    1 x Thorens TD124

• 3 1200's
    2 numark portables
    1 fisher price portable
    1 broken B&O turntable
    1 Cheap Kmart turntable with built in speakers

• 4 1200s and one portable that i never use anymore.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    4 1200's
    and some retro spaceship looking record player that doesnt work and acts more like a prop/decoration then a record player..lol

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    2 X 1200

1 X marantz

The same amount that any normal, well adjusted 21st century person.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

2 x 1210 MK5's
    1 x busted 1200 that I harvest for spare parts
    1 x Columbia GP-3
    1 x Crosley Revolution

• 1 x Vestax PDX 2000
    2 x Gemini Direct Drives

• 2 x 1200's
    1 x Older model direct drive Tech
    1 x Vestax Portable
    2 x Belt Drives (in need of repair)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    2 x 1200s
    1 x belt drive Tech
    1 x belt drive Aiwa
    1 x three speed RCA suitcase record player, tube amp

• 2 x Tech 1200s
    1 x Stanton Str-60 im giving to my bro
    1 x Califone (needs power cord replaced)

I like the honesty about the broken turntables. One of my portables is broken and one of the belt drives has no belt.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Murdock said:
    I like the honesty about the broken turntables. One of my portables is broken and one of the belt drives has no belt.

My GP-3 is busted. I accidentally plugged it into a 220 wall socket in Colombia and it fried my speaker. They mostly have 110 there, but all their Air Conditioner's run off of 220 so they have one 220 socket in each hotel room. Looking for a new speaker still but have been slacking on it since I have been using the Crosley Revolution in its stead. It actually works totally fine but the speaker is super quiet.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    4 - 1200's
    2 - portables
    2 - Stanton Str8-80's (they're pretty much my daughters though.)
    2 - Numark 1600's

• Murdock said:

I need to just get rid of them since they are not just broken belt issues and need more work than they are worth. They will probably remain in my house until I move.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    3x mk2
    1x numark portable

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    2 x 1200s (purchased in 1997. only one gets love now... the other is in a box under my bed.)

1x red colombia GP-3 (purchased in 2002... still going strong! great purchase.)

1x broken phillips portable

• 2 x technics

1 x greendot mod rega planer

1 x shitty numark

1 x portable numark

• 3 CDJs, but only a 2 channel mixer WTF so I have to run one through the phono. Does anyone know how to make the volume levels closer together? Should I just burn that CD quieter?

MrsMcClusky said:
    3 CDJs, but only a 2 channel mixer WTF so I have to run one through the phono. Does anyone know how to make the volume levels closer together? Should I just burn that CD quieter?

Funniest thing I've ever heard!

• Murdock said:
    MrsMcClusky said:
    3 CDJs, but only a 2 channel mixer WTF so I have to run one through the phono. Does anyone know how to make the volume levels closer together? Should I just burn that CD quieter?

Funniest thing I've ever heard!