KELLZ vs PRINCE

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
who has the better slow jams?

i'm going to say prince. i mean, insatiable, do me, scandalous, the list goes on...

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    good VS.

ill get back to you on this shit.

Prince can be gentler than Kells.

Both get nasty.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    prince can be more abstract about romance than kells. kells is like; took care of hair/kids/rent = backshots

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Kellz is straight-up R&B. Prince is his own genre. No comparison.

phongone said:
    Kellz is straight-up R&B. Prince is his own genre. No comparison.

were talkin slow jams not the entire catalog. date a black girl and get at me.

SIRUS said:
    prince can be more abstract about romance than kells. kells is like; took care of hair/kids/rent = backshots

Prince has a little bit more range than R, but R will talk about a shorty wearin his tshirt and makin zoo sex.

Prince comes from a Blue Light in the Basement era while Kells comes out/works from of the formuliac Slow Jam era.

decade+ difference in approach.

SIRUS said:
    kells is like; took care of hair/kids/rent = backshots

One thing R.Kelly might have over Prince is that storytellin/drama/rap shit to a slow beat. Its not quite a slow jam but its functional. Its comparable/in the tradition of Issac Hayes/Barry White sing/tawk overa beat steez.

Prince can go there like The Ladder but thats not a slow jam either.

Prince has the better voice overall.

• depends on the girl

Comparing girls to your jeep or bank account is not lyrical.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    phongone said:

You get no butt.
    What does lyrical complexity have to do with havin sex? Are you meditating to this shit?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What each artist has going for him is unfukwitable....it's about whose moments in cheese makes me cringe the least.

I'll pick R.Kelly over Prince because the wacky stuff is SMH funny that can work mid-stride, -caress, -smooch. Humour is important avec l'amour. But it's hard to maintain a hot mood with a screeching free guitar interlude. Personally speaking, of course.

batmon said:
    One thing R.Kelly might have over Prince is that storytellin/drama/rap shit to a slow beat.

Yes. While Prince has a fine hand at portraying different dimensions to a relationship - a la If I Was Your Girlfriend - that I'm not sure R. Kelly can achieve?

bassie said:
    What each artist has going for him is unfukwitable....it's about whose moments in cheese makes me cringe the least.

I'll pick R.Kelly over Prince because the wacky stuff is SMH funny that can work mid-stride, -caress, -smooch. Humour is important avec l'amour. But it's hard to maintain a hot mood with a screeching free guitar interlude. Personally speaking, of course.

batmon said:
    One thing R.Kelly might have over Prince is that storytellin/drama/rap shit to a slow beat.

Yes. While Prince has a fine hand at portraying different dimensions to a relationship - a la If I Was Your Girlfriend - that I'm not sure R. Kelly can achieve?

I agree. And R. Kelly is not going to walk into androgeny zone.

But he will talk to you as Virtual Kelly from the internets.

jaysus said:
    phongone said:

You get no butt.
    What does lyrical complexity have to do with havin sex? Are you meditating to this shit?

"Wait honey......this my favorite part right here"

..............."IT WAS A MIDGET....MIDGET....MIDGET...midget.....midget....."

Y'all ain't ready for sexual cypher.

b/w

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    batmon said:
    jaysus said:
    phongone said:

You get no butt.

That is one of my favorite parts. Highly underrated musical! Girls get off on humor, drama and talking about rubbing on their body all night.

Now with prince, i mean are people playing these tracks at slowed down speed and how many times do you have to get up and skip a song when let's go crazy kicks on.

I love prince to death, don't get me wrong, I just don't really see him as a slow R & B artist. He has some tracks that will kill it at the slow dance, but I don't think he could really keep the session on track for an all night workout. R kellz could make that soundtrack in his pajamas and I think already has.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    decade+ difference in approach.

bicycling to the mom an pop to pick up the latest james brown 45

vs.

studying the new aaron hall off the radio

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    jaysus said:
    batmon said:
    jaysus said:
    phongone said:

You get no butt.

That is one of my favorite parts. Highly underrated musical! Girls get off on humor, drama and talking about rubbing on their body all night.

Now with prince, i mean are people playing these tracks at slowed down speed and how many times do you have to get up and skip a song when let's go crazy kicks on.

I love prince to death, don't get me wrong, I just don't really see him as a slow R & B artist. He has some tracks that will kill it at the slow dance, but I don't think he could really keep the session on track for an all night workout. R kellz could make that soundtrack in his pajamas and I think already has.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    jaysus said:
    batmon said:
    jaysus said:
    phongone said:

You get no butt.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Prince has unreleased slow jams that top most of Kellz stuff IMO. Of course, I am old so maybe that's the deciding factor:

jaysus said:

Prince and r kelly arent Slow R&b artists whatevrt that means. they both do songs that people slow dance and or fuck to.

Prince has crazy slow jams dude and they still get played on the radio.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    SIRUS said:

Thank you, that was great!

• ive been really thinking about this lately...

if it's musicianship? prince in a walk.

if we're talmbout getting NASTY? i don't think anyone is saying shit to kellz.

No. Title
    1. "Your Body's Callin'" ?? R. Kelly, Timmy Allen 4:38
    2. "Bump n' Grind" ?? R. Kelly 4:16
    3. "Homie Lover Friend" ?? R. Kelly, Timmy Allen 4:22
    4. "It Seems Like You're Ready" ?? R. Kelly 5:39
    5. "Freak Dat Body" ?? R. Kelly 3:44
    6. "I Like the Crotch On You" ?? R. Kelly 6:37
    7. "Summer Bunnies" ?? R. Kelly, Timmy Allen 4:14
    8. "For You" ?? R. Kelly 5:01
    9. "Back to the Hood of Things" ?? R. Kelly 3:52
    10. "Sadie" ?? R. Kelly 4:30
    11. "Sex Me Pt 1 & 2" ?? R. Kelly 11:27
    12. "12 Play" ?? R. Kelly, Timmy Allen 5:55

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    "R. Kelly or Prince?" might be my new pick-up line. I think it would work well as an opener.

I agree. There is a world of useful information in the answer.

There is really a song by R.Kelly called "I Like the Crotch On You"?

phongone said:
    Y'all ain't ready for sexual cypher.

b/w

Do u know what a Slow Jam is?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    But it's hard to maintain a hot mood with a screeching free guitar interlude.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. I blapped to Maggot Brain last night and it was :next_level: x10

jjfad027 said:
    bassie said:
    But it's hard to maintain a hot mood with a screeching free guitar interlude.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. I blapped to Maggot Brain last night and it was :next_level: x10

Now, did we need to know that?

lmho

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    was this ever settled?