Austin, TX - Whut it Dew this weekend?

The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
edited October 2011 in Strut Central
Switchin lane ta lane outta DC tomorrow night, and driving straight there. Should get in Thursday night, or Friday morning. I haven't been back since SXSW '09.

Treasure mind of ripened avocados.

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Second Sunday Sock Hop is this weekend.

From the Facebook event page:
    All the best in R&B, Early Soul, RnR, & Blues is back with another edition of the SECOND SUNDAY SOCK HOP! Its an open-invite to all the guys and dolls to come shake to the boppingest sounds in town! You'll be Twistin' and Turnin' all night long to the sounds being laid by the Sock Hop Deejays. See you there!!

SECOND SUNDAY SOCK HOP
    @ The Shangri La
    1016 E. 6th st.
    $5 cover
    9pm-2am

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Red River Shootout aka Texas/OU Sucks weekend!

Friday night there's a cool monthly called Body Rock at Loft 718 (718 Congress Ave) featuring my dudes Chorizo Funk and Martin Perna (of Antibalas/Ocote Soul Sounds) on the wheels of steel.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

LOVE DRUG #6
    a vinyl disco party second saturdays monthly

with your favorite disco jocks
    RiCHARD.GEAR + ADAM WARPED + SUPERFLY

@ The Longbranch Inn
    1133 E. 11th ST Austin, TX
    21+ FREE | 10pm-2am

• Sweet! These look like some fun jump offs. Im bringing my road bike so that will be my means of transport. Also staying with a friend that works over at coolhands' store and I will be bringing discs for sail.

Definitely going to that joint at the Longbranch on friday night cause it sounds like fun. Anyone else plan on going?

The Longbranch thing is Saturday night. I can't vouch for those dj's, but I like that bar. I can meet up for something Thursday night, if you're up for it...not yet sure what's going on...but I'm tied up Friday and Saturday nights.

• Ah, noted.

• are you saying these young tenders have funk to spare?

Thursday is the 1st Thursday Block Party on South Congress. Hit that up, and stop by Friends of Sound while you are down there.

http://www.firstthursday.info/

Not sure if you are into VW's, but 1st Thursday is also the monthly Aircoolers Volkswagen Gang meeting night. I usually roll my 1956 VW down there and go cruise with them.

• It'll probably be late thursday night when I get in. I've got records for friends of sound.

Also, at one time, i gathered many a record in my '97 Jetta trek if that counts.