Potential music history being made tonight at midnight

13»

Comments

• nope

• Too Much Birthday is my new party jam! 12" in the works?

• We were thinking of doing a run of 45's. Too Much Brithday is def. in the cue, along with Uprock Boogie

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Well worth the extra weeks and additional download wait time. Four songs into it and this is hands down the fullest sound to ever come out of my Mac Book speakers. Sonically the bar has been raised and the beats bang too.

• Damn. Thanks man, it's much appreciated!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    YNOT said:
    the fullest sound to ever come out of my Mac Book speakers

Downloads absurdly large audiophile quality digital release - Listens to it on MacBook speakers.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Must be running smoother today ... my download took roughly 30 minutes. I'm listening on my living room setup via my Apple TV. I was worried that the file size might cause the audio to hiccup every now and again (as it has to stream through my home network). So far everything is smooth and the sound is incredible. There's so much depth and air in the sound ... tough to put into words.

And audio nerdery aside, I'm really enjoying the songs themselves. Quality work and quality delivery. A+

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Dang, I'm on the road with Murs right now and won't be home for about a month. Internet connection is spotty as heck and it sounds like it'd be impossible for me to DL this if it's taking everybody else hours.

Truth be told, I'm not sure if my ears are refined enough to tell the difference in sound quality, but I'm really looking forward to hearing this album! Is the physical product in stores now?? If so, I'm picking this up as soon as I can find a shop that carries it!

Unrelated side note: Ski Beatz is on this tour with us and I get to hear the man create bangers (bangerz?) in our downtime and during soundchecks. Niiiiiice.

• after watching the in studio videos on pl70.net, i already feel like blasting out to everybody "buy this album" i haven't even heard it yet. just seeing 2nd hand even a fraction of the effort and love put into this music, i'm real happy right now to be part of this... 11 minutes to go haha

feelin it

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I'm downloading at the moment. The speed is quite fast, it seems everything is working well now. I'm really looking forward hearing it.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Copped... at just a shade under 10 minutes. Love what you guys are doing and LOL at damms for asking if "the beats bang." Thes should garner a little more respect than that here, dudes. Maybe you guys should make your way back to the Madlib fanboy thread.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Great work, sounds fantastic! I'm listening to it on my monitor speaker at the moment. I guess I have now
    a new reference album to compare my own productions. My favourite so far is "can't hold back".

What's the best way to make a audio cd for my car? How can I convert the hd data to cd standards?

• Thanks so much everyone for the support, we had to literally rebuild some backend yesterday and finally got the download link on AWS cloudfront, people are getting it as fast as 4 minutes now (crazy)

Here's a little video explaining the difference:

And again, this whole experience and the feedback has been overwhelming. Thank you all so much.
    As far as burning an audio cd - I'm not sure how itunes will parse it for burning, but the MP3 should convert to wav just fine. That's a good question, let me work on it....

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Yeah, the difference is definitely noticable. Great album too. "Talkin' back to the streets" is the jam.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Uprock Boogie" - flirting with the "Ashely's Roachclip" curse!