font identification question (nrr/ubb)

jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Hello.

I usually hate bullshit like this, but can anyone tell me the name of the two fonts used for the generic Ultimate Breaks & Beats covers?

The local barbecue spot is having a naming contest for their chicken/sausage combo, and I'm pitching "Ultimate Beaks & Brats." Competition promises to be stiff (delicious!), and I feel that a graphic representation of my vision may be necessary to put me over the top like your man Sly Stallone and win me that lifetime supply of slightly irregular rib tips.

Okay, maybe a lot of that stuff isn't true, but I really would like the names of those fonts. Thanks in advance for any help.

amen, brother,

Various James

Comments

• here's a good place to start ... http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

• "Various Artists" is Futura.

• It looks like an old Letraset variation of Helvetica Black Extended (which I've not got on this machine), so I've cobbled this together for you. Shout if you need the high res version!
    Attached files

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    ARRGH MY EYES.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Downstroke said:
    It looks like an old Letraset variation of Helvetica Black Extended (which I've not got on this machine), so I've cobbled this together for you.
    Thanks a ton, Downstroke--that mock-up is above and beyond the call of duty; and thanks to breadwinner for the assist on the Futura. An erstwhile soulstrutter came through via PM identifying it as Letraset Buster, so I'm gonna see what I can do with that.

Again, big thanks to you all.

SKULL SNAPS
    b/w
    SURGICALLY ALTERED HEADS KNOW