Garage Sale record pricing

vinylstalkervinylstalker 397 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Having a garage sale this wknd to clear out the attic.
Going to put out a couple of cratess of chud.
Ohio players vg, shit disco 12s, your basic crap.
What's the going rate?
A buck, two? I've seen the thrift prices go up, same for yard sales?

What y'all spending these days?
I'm disconnected and out of the game.

Thanks!

Comments

• I always do fine with $1 a pop, but if you really wanna clear it out do .50. If you're doing two days, do both.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    $1 each is ok if there are some interesting records sprinkled among the chud. If you decide to charge less than a buck you'll move more records by doing say 2 for $1 or 3 for $1. It will force people to pick up more records, liberate you of your chud, & help w/ the burden of having to gather a ton of change.

• Yeah, it's chud but all of it is stuff I would pay a dollar for. Slick Rick lps and shit.

• whatever price you set, do not charge double for a "double album"... it's one album.

• There's no reason to start off at less than a dollar. Fools are tripping over each other to buy $1 chud at garage sales so they can get a reality show about it.

Seriously, though, start off at $1 and don't go down unless they are buying a stack or it's late in the day.

• Horseleech said:
    There's no reason to start off at less than a dollar. Fools are tripping over each other to buy $1 chud at garage sales so they can get a reality show about it.

Seriously, though, start off at $1 and don't go down unless they are buying a stack or it's late in the day.

Boom. This is what my instincts tell me.
    Shit, I would buy two thirds of the chud for 3 bucks if I didn't have a copy.
    Hmmm.