NY this weekend (obligatory re:)

facesdfacesd 236 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Sorry to do this again...but does anyone have any recommendations for NY this weekend (Thursday-Monday)? Going to hit the SFNY party on Sunday, maybe Steve Arrington on Saturday. Is anyone playing out anywhere? Any other good parties/events?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This should be a sticky or somethin.
    Dudes ask about this a least twice a month.

• batmon said:
    This should be a sticky or somethin.
    Dudes ask about this a least twice a month.

agreed. i would contribute to this sticky thread regularly, but don't feel so inclined because this post happens about 50 11times.

then again, i don't pay to be here.

• Or, use the City Guide. That is part of what made this redesign Raj's Triple-LP masterpiece.

gareth said:
    Or, use the City Guide. That is part of what made this redesign Raj's Triple-LP masterpiece.

but cats arent using it

• somehow integrate the city guide with the announcements section. jam done.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yeah, but the city guide is more about established stores and restaurants and such. Dudes are always asking about the shows, DJ nights, events while they're in town, and all of that. A sticky doesn't seem right though. That's a different animal.

or just bump the hell out of the "whats good in nyc" every two weeks

• "I Love Vinyl" party Saturday night.

sabadabada said:

ethnic?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    That's some tepid Little Italy bullshit. Reminds me of the North End in Boston. A legit Italian neighborhood...40 years ago. Now it's just a tourist trap.

• DB_Cooper said:
    That's some tepid Little Italy bullshit. Reminds me of the North End in Boston. A legit Italian neighborhood...40 years ago. Now it's just a tourist trap.

Doood. What are you talking about. They got WKTU and the giant chair and everything.

youve been pumpin up this festival for a long minute here and im sorry to say that its not on nyc radar anymore.
    it was hot in the 70s and 80s but now shit is ehh.

thats like talmbout the puerto rican parade. its a wrap.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    batmon said:
    sabadabada said:

ethnic?

LOL. The generous sprinkling of white, powdered sugar makes it perfect.

While a sticky might not feel right, I can't seem to think of other ways to facilitate regular bump-age. Sneakerheads and sports fans can keep threads going for ages since it's the same folks, but travel threads are usually started by a new person each time.

• I actually like new threads for this. I wouldn't want to have to look through all the events that happened in the last year every time.

• batmon said:
    youve been pumpin up this festival for a long minute here and im sorry to say that its not on nyc radar anymore.
    it was hot in the 70s and 80s but now shit is ehh.

Not now that Torrisi and Rubirosa are involved. Sleep at your own risk.

• This year they have a lot of restaurant foodies sponsoring food stands. The single redeeming quality. The asian tacos and ribs are great. I never really pump the festifal up. I live on it, so for me its just a yearly visitation, like locusts. I only try and get people to go to it because misery enjoys company. Its kind of more of an inside joke.