The Cat Be Unemployed

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central

many a caption possibility.......

from the nytimes about the arrest of 12 in connection with selling highly toxic rat poison.
which chinatown needs, bad

The investigation began with a vial of blue-green liquid. Roughly two inches tall, it came in a yellow and blue box covered with Chinese characters and, in English, the words ???The cat be unemployed.???

It was rat poison, illegal and highly toxic.

Several of the vials were among about 6,000 packages of rat and cockroach poison seized from shops and street vendors in and around Chinatown during a five-month undercover investigation into the sale of illegal pesticides, state and local officials announced at a news conference Monday.

The vials, they said, first came to the attention of the authorities because a woman who had bought one in the East Broadway Mall in Chinatown last year later mistook the pesticide for medicine, consumed it and became seriously ill, losing two-thirds of her blood volume, according to the court papers. Brodifacoum is an anticoagulant that kills rodents by causing them to bleed to death internally. Another chemical in one of the pesticides, sodium fluoroacetate, is a metabolic poison used to kill coyotes.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Federal crime

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    Another chemical in one of the pesticides, sodium fluoroacetate, is a metabolic poison used to kill coyotes.

• i am cat, and i am really getting tired of this unemployment.

• The cat be unemployed is an awesome combination of words.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The cheese be needing predator.

• Cat be unemployed
    The rat eats all the cheese, man.
    Illegal poison.

• The Chinese really need to stop using Ebonics to sell shit.
    Also they need to stop taking our American jobs away and our cats' jobs too.

• Posted this before, Bin Laden rat bait from Peru. Took this photo just before his death, still trying to work out what the angle is supposed to be.