Hitting Brazil next week

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
I ll be in Brazil for 2 weeks from next wednesday, Curibita, Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte. I ll be with my girl so any advice on nice spots to see, food etc.. would be appreciated. Plus, of course, where to find some good records? Oh and if you are in party mood, i play in all of those cities as well, it`s d:edge in sao paulo next saturday.. pm me if you want some guestlist.

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I'm in S??o Paulo. Know nothing about places to see, food and all that stuff. :red:
    But can take you to the record spots I know.

inVrs said:
    I ll be in Brazil for 2 weeks from next wednesday, Curibita, Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte. I ll be with my girl so any advice on nice spots to see, food etc.. would be appreciated. Plus, of course, where to find some good records? Oh and if you are in party mood, i play in all of those cities as well, it`s d:edge in sao paulo next saturday.. pm me if you want some guestlist.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    in Belo Horizonte check out
    http://www.casaafrica.com.br/br/apresentacao

great barrestaurant with african and afro-brasilian music
    nice community project with lots of local artists
    check out ouro preto in that area for sights

buy your cacha??a in BH(it's the best in the country)
    eat some feijao tropeiro

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    I'm in S??o Paulo. Know nothing about places to see, food and all that stuff. :red:

sounds good, are you free on monday/tuesday 26th/27th? i think i m going to belo horizonte after that. any records there?
    Can you still find heat for fair money or have most spots been picked or are expensive? I m really in need of some of the classic brazilian stuff like marcos valle, mutantes etc
    I dont mind paying for those but friends told me that some places are WAY expensive and the grading sucks. That right?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The grading sucks in the stores, and alot of places have really overpriced Mutantes. Oddly enough the best and most affordable Brazillian music I got was from Argentina.

There was a really incredible place that I kept going back to for Pizza in Sao Paulo called Bella Paulista.

http://bellapaulista.com/

Man, I miss that pizza.

- diego

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the stores i visited in BH were not that hot

Yeah, probably I'll be free at those days. Send me a PM whenever you are here.
    You still can find heat, but not for fair prices anymore. I think it's cheaper buying brazilian records
    from ebay than from the store/dealers here. Most of the stores have listening stations, so you
    can check the stuff before buying them and grading won't be an issue.
    Last year, I went to Belo Horizonte to look for records, checked 5 or 6 stores and only bought 2 LPs and 3 singles.
    The few raer stuff I found had the same price as SP stores or were even more expensive.

MoogMan said:

sounds good, are you free on monday/tuesday 26th/27th? i think i m going to belo horizonte after that. any records there?
    Can you still find heat for fair money or have most spots been picked or are expensive? I m really in need of some of the classic brazilian stuff like marcos valle, mutantes etc
    I dont mind paying for those but friends told me that some places are WAY expensive and the grading sucks. That right?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    You still can find heat, but not for fair prices anymore. I think it's cheaper buying brazilian records
    from ebay than from the store/dealers here. Most of the stores have listening stations, so you
    Last year, I went to Belo Horizonte to look for records, checked 5 or 6 stores and only bought 2 LPs and 3 singles.
    The few raer stuff I found had the same price as SP stores or were even more expensive.

inVrs said:
    MoogMan said:

thanks for all the info, i ll PM you once i landed in SP. Anybody ever been digging in Curitiba?

• love the flea market on Praca Benedito Calixto (on Rua Teodoro Sampaio in SP)

just the general vibe, there are a few decent sellers there, but mainly it's for the bric a brac, junk etc

I would definitely be basing myself in vila madalena, pinheiros if I was visiting. Eric Discos is in Pinheiros too, worth visiting to meet the mad englishman who runs it. forget about his records though unless he lets you upstairs

I went twice to Curitiba for digging, and the scenario is the same as Belo Horizonte: lots of common
    stuff, and no raers to be found. Your best chances are Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, if you're going there.

MoogMan said:

inVrs said:
    MoogMan said:

thanks for all the info, i ll PM you once i landed in SP. Anybody ever been digging in Curitiba?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    thanks again. oddly enough i just found a min maria fumaca for 2 euros on a dutch flea market. so one i can cross off the list.

Here's a google search result for record stores in Curitiba.
    Sebo is a store that sells used books and records.
    I don't know if the addresses are still working, but if you find one store just ask for
    other places. People in Curitiba are really friendly.

http://www.google.com.br/#q=Sebos+&+Lojas+de+Discos+de+Curitiba&hl=pt-BR&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=plcs&tbo=u&ei=lE13TrOaCuTo0QGtvuDCCw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CGAQtQMwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=ec81d1f911601f05&biw=1440&bih=781