The UK Thought Police b/w This Is A Joke, Right?

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
This has got to be on of those articles from The Onion........right?

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Thursday, September 15, 2011

Over 30,000 British schoolchildren, some as young as three, have had their names registered on a government database and branded ???racist??? or ???homophobic??? for using playground insults, infractions that could impact their future careers.

The shocking figures were disclosed after civil liberties group the Manifesto Club made a Freedom of Information Act request which betrayed the fact that kids who used petty jibes are now being treated as thought criminals by education authorities.

34,000 incidents of ???racism??? in total were reported for the year 2009-2010, with nursery school toddlers as young as three being put on a state database for using the words ???gay??? and ???lesbian???. One child who called another ???broccoli head??? was also reported to authorities. Other cases included a child who used the word ???gaylord,??? while another who told a teacher ???this work is gay,??? was also added to the thought crime database.

The majority of the reported cases involved primary school children.

Comments

• Infowars.com

• "the thought crime database"

seriously.

susan, can you add these figures to the thought crime database, please?

pfft.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    Infowars.com

BARRY MANILOW SUPPORTS RON PAUL!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Most of that is just ridiculous, but this kind of thing should not be allowed and should be reported and recorded: ???broccoli head???.

Broccoli is a very venerable vegetable (or is it a fruit?) that does not deserve the vegetative vilification it receives.
    It all started when GHW Bush declared he hated broccoli.
    Right wing wackos took up the call bashing brave broccoli at every opportunity.
    This not only hurt the feelings of the sensitive fruit (or is it a vegetable?) but also harmed patriotic American broccoli farmers.
    This also forced Texas to pass laws outlawing the vilifying of beef*.
    A move that was necessary because batty broccoli boosters were preparing to take their anger out on innocent cows.

With all that history I can just understand how a preschooler, with a head like a broccoli, would feel if some dumb deranged delinquent were to call him a "broccoli head".

*Texas really did pass and try to enforce, such a law.

I've known many people who find infowars as or more credible than any other news source. Otherwise intelligent thoughtful people. So it must be true, or else they couldn't say it right?

So is this true:
    "British PM David Cameron and French president Nicolas Sarkozy arrived in Tripoli, Libya, on Thursday and have pledged to provide military, political and economic support to al-Qaeda."

There is an accompanying video that apparently proves this true, but I didn't watch it.

OK, I have to go and read about how the US government working with the Brits blew up the WWTs.
    Which is true because al-Qaeda is not real and does not exist. No, wait... Cameron and Sarkozy just met with them. I am so confused.

FrankieMeltzer said:

I've met several LaRouche people

I am sorry to hear that.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Grandfather said:
    Infowars.com

Ratcheting up the fears of wingnuts, one stupid story at a time.

Who is Mayor Bloomberg trying to ratchet up with his talk of "riots in the streets"?

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    Broccoli is actually a flower...