rapidshare sucks now

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
For the past few monthes it seems like i cant download anything from them anymore.
Anybody know what the deal is ? Do i have to start an accont with them or something?

Comments

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    That's odd, the past few months I've been able to download from their site without restrictions and without a waiting period, even though I don't have an account.

• Last few times I've used it, they required me to purchase downloads rather than a subscription for a period of time and I think they include downloads also because there is no way I used up 100 downloads unless they were including downloads of the stuff I had posted on the website, and now they've removed all my files because I haven't renewed in a while, so I'm basically done with them.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    They let you download one file at a time with 0 wait. RS still has a bunch of blog raers on their server, but as far as movies, software, etc, it's all about Filesonic.

• what do you mean you can't dowload anything from them anymore?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Yeah, I've had the same thing happen - you just click and click on the download button and nothing happens. It works sometimes though - seemingly at random.

• FunkyFlatulent said:
    what do you mean you can't dowload anything from them anymore?

When i click thru to the link and then click on what i assume is the DOWNLOAD link, it constantly takes me to security prompt..at which point neither of the options seem to get me to the download. Its maddening.

• mrmatthew said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:

When i click thru to the link and then click on what i assume is the DOWNLOAD link, it constantly takes me to security prompt..at which point neither of the options seem to get me to the download. Its maddening.

That's what I thought. Here's the fix to that problem. Once you do this the dl link will work.

Click or copy/paste your link and get to the Rapidshare page

Go to your tools button (upper right)

Go to internet options

Go to the Security tab

Go to Custom Level

Scroll down until you reach Downloads - Automatic Prompting for File Downloads

Change it from Disable to Enable

Don't forget to Okay/Confirm your changes before leaving Internet Options

• FunkyFlatulent said:
    mrmatthew said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:

That's what I thought. Here's the fix to that problem. Once you do this the dl link will work.

Click or copy/paste your link and get to the Rapidshare page

Go to your tools button (upper right)

Go to internet options

Go to the Security tab

Go to Custom Level

Scroll down until you reach Downloads - Automatic Prompting for File Downloads

Change it from Disable to Enable

Don't forget to Okay/Confirm your changes before leaving Internet Options

aw yeah.
    thanks FF.

• if you're someone who downloads a fair bit and doesn't mind paying for a premium account, maybe try http://www.linksnappy.com

Its a premium account which is effectively premium accounts for filesonic, RS, Megaupload, and about 8 more sites, and you use it with some software called Jdownloader. I used to pay for a rapidshare account, but with stuff getting deleted from all the different sites a bit quicker now, this is quite a good way to go IMO.

Of course if you're not wanting to pay, then ignore everything i've just said.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    yep I had same problem all of a sudden , couldnt dl anything from rapid , I changed my browser from IE to Firefox , end of problem