President's Jobs Plan Speech

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Best speech ever.

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

won't someone please think of the job creators!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Didn't really address the real issues. Taxes aren't what have been impeding our economy. And while giving business tax cuts is indeed a decent incentive. It's not going to reestablish the industries that our government has ushered overseas the past 20 years or so. And rebuilding infrastructure for an economy that lacks a foundation is merely a case of indeed "building a bridge to nowhere". Plus it's the very bankers that hold Obama in their pockets who are still freezing investment dollars, despite their Ponzi schemes and their bail-outs. Above all else right now, our monetary system is a total exploitative joke. So until a leader properly addresses what exactly we are going to start manufacturing for export and how we are going to keep any progress we do make from being swindled away from us by the bankers...we are just spinning our wheels as we pat each other on the backs with yet another charismatic, feel-good speech of utter nothingness.

• National Wireless Initiative

:face_melt:

Tax breaks for hiring new employees = laying off current employees and replacing them with lower salaried employees along with a tax break = good for business, but ultimately bad for the work force at large.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Tax breaks for hiring new employees = laying off current employees and replacing them with lower salaried employees along with a tax break = good for business, but ultimately bad for the work force at large.

There is break for giving raises in there as well.

TheKindCromang said:
    HarveyCanal said:

There is break for giving raises in there as well.

Sounds nice and thanks I guess...but again, taxes aren't the problem. It's decreased revenues, ever-rising health care costs, and a freeze on investment capital that is keeping companies from opening their pocket books. Plus I doubt that the tax break for raises can possibly be significant enough to account for the fact that companies flat out can't afford any increases in the first place. This is yet another case of Obama making it seem like he's doing something when it's merely like applying a dirty band-aid to a shattered pelvis. We need a second opinion on this badly.

• HarveyCanal said:
    like applying a dirty band-aid to a shattered pelvis

this is a beautiful turn of phrase btw

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Best speech ever.

Why do you hate this country? Love it or leave it. My vote for greatest presidential speech ever is.....

TheKindCromang said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    like applying a dirty band-aid to a shattered pelvis

this is a beautiful turn of phrase btw

Thank you. I was a writer in a past life.

Impressed that you can type and juggle Obama's nuts at the same time.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Your juggling of Ron "Let's do away with the minimum wage" Paul's nuts while typing is less impressive, indeed.

When Ron Paul actually does something worth criticizing, I'll be the first to join in on the critique...trust me on that one. At this point, y'all are merely jumping down his throat over unexecuted ideas.

On the other hand, Obama actually does fucked up shit on the daily...yet both of you numbnuts apologize away anything he ever does wrong by blaming it on him being forced to react to others. Fuck off with that blind allegience bullshit already.

HarveyCanal said:
    When Ron Paul actually does something worth criticizing, I'll be the first to join in on the critique...trust me on that one. At this point, y'all are merely jumping down his throat over unexecuted ideas.

On the other hand, Obama actually does fucked up shit on the daily...yet both of you numbnuts apologize away anything he ever does wrong by blaming it on him being forced to react to others. Fuck off with that blind allegience bullshit already.

Ideas aren't worth criticizing? That's new. "Hey, let's wait until some cockamamie idea is implemented into action and THEN criticize it." Makes lots of sense. Why even discuss anything? Just act first. Right?

Talk about blind allegiance.

• Ron Paul's solution is to lower taxes and deregulate. He would not spend a dollar on government jobs, job training or education. Every man for himself with no rules. That should work out okay. It's not like our country can become any more disparate in terms of rich v. poor, so we might as well turn our country into a sad science fiction novel.

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Your juggling of Ron "Let's do away with the minimum wage" Paul's nuts while typing is less impressive, indeed.

But Ron Paul is paying him in real gold, so he has plenty of incentive.

If Paul's paying, it's under $7.25 an hour. Likely far under, so how much incentive is there, really? Then again, according St. Paul, getting rid of the minimum wage would actually BENEFIT poor people. Who knew?

keithvanhorn said:
    Ron Paul's solution is to lower taxes and deregulate. He would not spend a dollar on government jobs, job training or education. Every man for himself with no rules. That should work out okay. It's not like our country can become any more disparate in terms of rich v. poor, so we might as well turn our country into a sad science fiction novel.

You're criticizing an idea. This makes Harvey upset. After all, Paul has done nothing worth criticizing according to him.

FrankieMeltzer said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    Ron Paul's solution is to lower taxes and deregulate. He would not spend a dollar on government jobs, job training or education. Every man for himself with no rules. That should work out okay. It's not like our country can become any more disparate in terms of rich v. poor, so we might as well turn our country into a sad science fiction novel.

You're criticizing an idea. This makes Harvey upset. After all, Paul has done nothing worth criticizing according him.

But maybe Harvey has a point about Paul just being an idea man. After all, he's been proposing term limits for elected officials since the '70s, while having served 35 years in Congress himself. So those ideas? Just jokes!

It's an unexecuted idea. Not fair to criticize it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts