Last Minute Trip to Los Angelinos

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
The ol' lady and I are headed down for the weekend to play with her friends. However, on Monday she will be working out of the LA division office so... anyone NOT working on Monday maybe want to meet up? Records? Anyone got some reasonably priced records they're trying to get rid of? What's good this weekend? Anyone got a show poppin'? Holler here or on the PMs.

Comments

• I live under the 3rd street overpass over the los angeles river. Can you bring me some mad dog 20/20?

• I live under the 3rd street overpass over the los angeles river.

another favorite painting spot. is there still water all the way to the banks? if so i think a character of mine is running nearby.

• is there still water all the way to the banks?

there hasn't been water to the banks in months. i hope we get some soon, i got a collection of turds that need to be washed away.

• is there still water all the way to the banks?

there hasn't been water to the banks in months. i hope we get some soon, i got a collection of turds that need to be washed away.

sweet looks like i'll be paying you a visit soon. but if you could flush your toilet first that would be great. last time i was there, there was a huge mess of slimey dark green stuff right at the base of the wall. i had no idea if it was really green under the shadows of the metal halide lighting, but for the most part i worked around it. a friend of mine wraps his shoes in a series of plastic bags in order to walk right over that stuff, i can't trust it.

• by the way i'm working on monday. this weekend there is the sound thing in long beach that shig has been talking about on here before. other than that a little digging, blazing, painting and relaxing in that order.

• long beach thing
    http://www.soundwalk.org/

but hey there nat, i think you should go do that other thing we talked about with the latin guys...uh, yeah. that didnt come out right. i mean that thingy i was telling you about where they do it outdoors....hmm, yeah, forget it. i think i just heard kingy's brain explode.

the LA river got nasty farts or some type of smelly gassy shit bubbling up from the ground.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    art, film, music:

at MOCA...

SATURDAY, AUG 20

8pm
    Screening: Manuel Ocampo: God is my CoPilot
    This film profiles the young West Coast artist trying to negotiate multiculturalism in the contemporary art world. Starring Dennis Hopper, Julian Schnabel, Paul Schimmel, Fred Hoffman, Annina Nosei and Mary Boone; a question and answer session with director Phillip Rodriguez (Los Angeles Now) follows. Music videos provided by FIND screen before and after the film.
    10pm
    Music: DJ Nobody
    L.A. vinyl junkie DJ Nobody, of the KXLU 88.9FM weekly session She Comes in Colors spins tracks from his debut album Soulmates and recent release Pacific Drift. Music programming by Moj Mahdara and Associates

*blind sponsor alert* - i know little about the film or the dj

• the LA river got nasty farts or some type of smelly gassy shit bubbling up from the ground.

you were walking along the rectum of los angeles that day. (no ayo) but i agree i'd never seen that before, it was a trip.

latin guys... shig you holdin out on me?

• the LA river got nasty farts or some type of smelly gassy shit bubbling up from the ground.

you were walking along the rectum of los angeles that day. (no ayo) but i agree i'd never seen that before, it was a trip.

latin guys... shig you holdin out on me?

its free to watch.

cali plaza thing hammie.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Thanks ya'll. Going to the Maxim party tonight, *sheesh*, hollur at your boy!

Shout out to the bol Jinx gettin hitched next week. And shout out to the bol John Paychizzle with Dipset out in front of the shop on the street. Did I mention I'm a lil' drizzle?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Did I mention I'm a lil' drizzle?

What is a lil' drizzle? Like pre-cum?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Oh cmon now T****a, don't play me like that. I've just had a few beverages at this point in the evening is all... got started early at a barbeque. The weather's niiice down here, as opposed to the eternally fog drenched city I call home. Actually it'll be hot by September. My question for you is, what are your doing on Soulstrut on a Sat. night at quarter to twelve? Cooking up some gourmet ramen?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Oh cmon now T****a, don't play me like that. I've just had a few beverages at this point in the evening is all... got started early at a barbeque. The weather's niiice down here, as opposed to the eternally fog drenched city I call home. Actually it'll be hot by September. My question for you is, what are your doing on Soulstrut on a Sat. night at quarter to twelve? Cooking up some gourmet ramen?

I'm at work, being totally unproductive (and crude).

Glad to hear someone is having a good time tonight.