SHADOWSPHERE APPRECIATION POST....

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• Interesting. Pretty cool visuals

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Martin said:
    amon tobin's new shit is like 1009384302985435 times better.

Amon whatever his name is, is shit. Shadow is actually decent.

• djsheep said:
    Martin said:
    amon tobin's new shit is like 1009384302985435 times better.

Amon whatever his name is, is shit. Shadow is actually decent.

that is incorrect. they're both good.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    i think tobin has tougher competition in his avant/electronica field than shadow has in his more sample based / crate digger sphere. tobin is more technical and more yngwie malmsteen to my ears. but shadow still got a little punk diy vibe going in him, he also lacks edge nowadays but who cares. but at the same time i dont think they should be compared like that.

hated shadows new single, but when i heard the exact same tracks in the context of his lp they made way more sense (its floating the interwebs now if anyone cares). hopefully they'll grow. i got bored of tobin very fast.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    forgot to mention, nice interview!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Man, i used to be so into this type of shit, now I cant seem to get it up anymore.

I prefer the squares over the sphere.

• batmon said:
    Man, i used to be so into this type of shit, now I cant seem to get it up anymore.

Agreed, although -
    Visually, both are a giant step up from watching this for an hour

TheKindCromang said:
    batmon said:

Agreed, although -
    Visually, both are a giant step up from watching this for an hour

I hear ya especially if the ticket is slightly pricey.

Theres that fine line of watching a dj for 2 hours or getting into the music so much that the visuals eventually evaporate from your radar.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    ive been deeep into samplebased shit aswell. nowadays i see it like going to mcdonalds for a bigmac. you know what u get and somehow stop for it once in a while even if ur not sure if you like it or not.

can the avalanches prease make comeback?

can a-ko put out an lp allready?

when will dj day release some more dirty beats instead of smooth gilles peterson stuff? (no pun intended, that smooth shit is still many levels ahead of the rest)

should i sell all my hardware gear in order to get into creating sample based shit again?

squares over spheres here too i must say!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Martin said:
    doom said:

can a-ko put out an lp allready?

WORD

quit riding fucking mopeds and put out an ep on bandcamp already.

bahahaha! i'd be down for a new new -ako record. also a mcdoom one.

• Yes, new avalanches would be awesome. For some reason I slept on that when it came out, but it's so good.

Amon's set is better than the sphere. I won't go to see either, but they look cool. I never go to shows anymore, so that wasn't a diss on them. Inlike shadow's good stuff more than I like amon's, but both are good. Shadow's sample based way of doing things is more my style than all the samples that have been megaprocessed. Amon is really good at it though.

Amon had a dj tour once using the very first version of final scratch. He used one of my songs in his set and they released a cd of it. I used to get royalty checks from it. It was awesome.

Ako had an album preview on myspace years ago. He could just outrush shot up on

• Sorry, iPhone quick fire. That last sentence was he could just put that shit on bandcamp. I asked him to do this a couple of years ago.

Controller_7 said:
    Yes, new avalanches would be awesome. For some reason I slept on that when it came out, but it's so good

i remember when the shit came out and the critics were hyping it up. I copped and gave it away after a couple of listens.
    maybe i wasnt ready for it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    The show looks pretty cool, but I hope they don't really call it a "shadowsphere". That's horrible.